Sylvie (Loki) Season 2 Costume

eclecticmus

I haven't seen a thread dedicated to Sylvie's updated look in season 2 of Loki, so I thought I'd start one. First up are these two pins on her breastplate--can anyone identify the one on top? It looks like it may have the word 'social' or something similar on it. The smiley face pin I think I can easily make myself (I'm going to Joann on Thursday and if they don't have black pins there I'm going to mock up a quick design and throw it up on my Redbubble).

Next we have all the gold pyramid studs--you can find 10mm studs easily on Amazon and elsewhere. It also looks like she has a suspender clip on the strap of the breastplate. She's also cut the turtleneck off her undershirt!

Down on the bottom there are large safety pins that I think are about 2.2" long (please correct me if you think I'm wrong!). Lastly it seems she's wearing some black acid wash jeans now. I've done some searching and can't find an exact match but if you search for "paper bag jeans" you can find some similar styles. Unclear if they're custom made or off the rack.

I'm sure her coat was custom made as well. I'm watching to see if any of the cosplay sites put out a replica in time for DragonCon so I don't have to make it myself lol. Feel free to add on more thoughts, photos, and info!

Attachments

• Screenshot_20230801_115723_Reddit.jpg
    Screenshot_20230801_115723_Reddit.jpg
    477.4 KB · Views: 244
  • Screenshot_20230801_115645_Reddit.jpg
    Screenshot_20230801_115645_Reddit.jpg
    562.2 KB · Views: 226
  • FZ0FQ9LX0AAbQS2.jpg
    FZ0FQ9LX0AAbQS2.jpg
    267.2 KB · Views: 266
  • Screenshot 2023-08-01 124350.jpg
    Screenshot 2023-08-01 124350.jpg
    189.4 KB · Views: 421
  • cj8emrqs9cfb1.jpg
    cj8emrqs9cfb1.jpg
    4.2 MB · Views: 281
One of the buttons on her rib cage is a Snoopy parody called “Snotty” that’s been seriously dirtied. Here’s where you can buy the accurate button minus the weathering.

Source: saw the costume at SDCC and managed to find it.

One of the buttons on her rib cage is a Snoopy parody called “Snotty” that’s been seriously dirtied. Here’s where you can buy the accurate button minus the weathering.

Source: saw the costume at SDCC and managed to find it.

Thank you so much! That's super helpful. Was it on her left side? I doubt it'll get here in time for DragonCon, but I can have it for future cons!

The other two buttons are distressed to the point of having no details.

The top is silver or grey, the one below that has a warmer tone with color along the edge being visible: yellow in the back, reddish maroon on the front edge.

There is also a gold metal pin behind those three that says “I heart <something>” (I couldn’t make it out, but it’s shaped like a state or a wave so maybe it’s something like “surfing”)

Finally there is a metal door key between the first and second button with a gold and red paint design on it.

Thanks again. I hope we can get a better open shot of her breastplate to see what those other two pins are.

Here’s a google drive of my shots from SDCC. Sometimes cameras couldn’t pick up what I was seeing, which is why I made sure to write down those findings above when I was right up against it with my flashlight. Haha

Also worth noting:
-the jeans appear acid wash but are actually digitally printed to look that way
-the top shoulder pin say “Official” along the top edge with something that looks like McDonalds logo below it.

-the jeans appear acid wash but are actually digitally printed to look that way

That's interesting. I figured they were black acid wash jeans probably custom-made by the production but hadn't counted on digitally printed fabric. Whew! I got some good enough jeans for my costume since I decided to make this costume about a week and a half ago for DragonCon but might make more accurate jeans later. This is a good option.

-the top shoulder pin say “Official” along the top edge with something that looks like McDonalds logo below it.

I think I found the pin. It's a vintage McDonald's crew Superstar pin that's been heavily weathered like the others. I was able to nab one for cheap on Ebay.

Thanks for all the detailed photos! They're a big help. I never knew the bottom of her boot soles were gold.

Attachments

• s-l500.jpg
    s-l500.jpg
    23.1 KB · Views: 48
That's interesting. I figured they were black acid wash jeans probably custom-made by the production but hadn't counted on digitally printed fabric. Whew! I got some good enough jeans for my costume since I decided to make this costume about a week and a half ago for DragonCon but might make more accurate jeans later. This is a good option.

I think I found the pin. It's a vintage McDonald's crew Superstar pin that's been heavily weathered like the others. I was able to nab one for cheap on Ebay.

Thanks for all the detailed photos! They're a big help. I never knew the bottom of her boot soles were gold.
Great find!

My friends and I looked like absolute crazy people taking the weirdest pictures of all the costumes on display so I’m glad they help.

There are some great images in the Loki's Army: Costume Group on Facebook. Several members were able to take close-up photos of the screen-used costume on display. The key is an upside-down Mcdonald's key to success pin.

Vintage-Key-To-Success-McDonalds-Employee-Retro-Crew.jpg

Last edited:
It is! We found all of the pins but haven't had a chance to post them all here. One is an I Heart Elvis that has been filed down/painted over almost until it's unrecognizable, and two of the round pins are blackened so you can't tell what they are; you can just get blank ins and paint them over. I've attached finished pictures of the breastplate I wore at DragonCon.

If anyone wants a smiley face button for their costume, I made one on my Redbubble here.

Attachments

• 94321497-2E43-4804-848D-5F79EC0B7E6A.jpeg
    94321497-2E43-4804-848D-5F79EC0B7E6A.jpeg
    1 MB · Views: 99
  • 20230922_105820.jpg
    20230922_105820.jpg
    1.7 MB · Views: 110
  • 20230922_105829.jpg
    20230922_105829.jpg
    1.1 MB · Views: 111

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back