SWTOR: Sith Acolyte Armor Building (WIP, First try)

Alardis

Greetings!

I've decided to build the sith acolyte armor set for my LARP project. So, here we are. With Fierfek's schematics and Stealth's tutorials, thanks to them a lot.

Now, about the building process. Because of my small flat I can't do the strengthening and sundering phases right now. But I'm doing the cut and assembling. So, I've done some kind of plan to my work. We have several pieces of armor and several stages of complitness for each armor pieces. Here they are.

1. Mask - PRINTED - CUT - ASSEMBLED - STRENTHENED
2. Chest - PRINTED - CUT - ASSEMBLED
3. Right gauntlet - PRINTED - CUT
4. Left gaunlet - PRINTED - CUT - ASSEMBLED
5. Right glove - PRINTED - CUT
6. Left glove - PRINTED - CUT - ASSEMBLED
7. Cod. - PRINTED - CUT
8. Belt.
9. Left thigh. - PRINTED
10. Right thingh.
11. Left shin.
12. Right shin.

In this post I will show the process of building the armor by the next stages:
PRINTED - CUT - ASSEMBLED - STRENTHENED - SUNDERED - PAINTED
here are six stages.
So, let's start! And may the Force help our enemies, because they have no chance without that. Arrr! :cool

PS. The next post will contain the first picture.

Last edited:
Re: SWTOR: Sith Acolyte Armor Building from Russia (WIP)

The fist thing, that I've decided to do is the mask. It's looking awesome in trailers and on sales forums :)
I decided to use cardstock, but haven't find anything except thick paper about 120 g/m^2 (yes, yes, metric system ^^). My next armor pieces are made from 230 gm^2 cardstock.
But the mask is my first pep thing I've ever do. It contains some errors in constructing, and I think abit remading it at the end of building process. Anyway, that look pretty good as I think. What can you say, guys?

210630559.jpg

Here is the progress! Good advices and comments are welcome!

1. Chest. Looking not so bad as mask, huh?
210664166.jpg

2. Gauntlet. I liked this one even more than previous lol
210745584.jpg

3. Glove. Fine scaling of this part has made it ideal for my hand. Looking forward to attach it to my tactical glove =)
210803778.jpg

Very nice work so far. I'm also interested in making a similar costume so will be watching your thread with interest.

What will you be using to cover the Pep models?

Very nice work so far. I'm also interested in making a similar costume so will be watching your thread with interest.

What will you be using to cover the Pep models?

Thanks a lot!
I have bought Smooth Cast 300. Haven't find the 321 one at that moment. But my next purchase will be 321, I think =)

Hi, it looks really great so far!
As you did the first steps, I am just at the very beginning of the same project. So I will be tracing your progress with most interest...

At the moment I try to acquaint myself with the pepakura designer; also I think about scaling, whether it is necessary or not...

All the best to you

Hi, it looks really great so far!
As you did the first steps, I am just at the very beginning of the same project. So I will be tracing your progress with most interest...

At the moment I try to acquaint myself with the pepakura designer; also I think about scaling, whether it is necessary or not...

All the best to you

Thanks for comments!
Scaling is the first thing you must realize before printing. I have feel it with myself =)

Weekly update!
Now I have a bit more complited paper parts a-a-and... full strengthened mask! Finally, I covered it with fibercloth and smooth-on plastic. But, all of that will be one after another.

At first - paper models.
I have rescaled my left gauntlet. Now it looks okay even if it weared on thin long-sleeve T-shirt. And also it looks more proportionak with my ready glove armor.
210882317.jpg

Now, it's fiberglass time. You can check my working process of covering mask with fibercloth and plastic. Of course, it needed to be polished.
210885067.jpg

If you want, you can check this video with my mask.
Short sith mask preview - YouTube - that's the link.

I have also covered with plastic my chest plate. There is only upper layer. The fibercloth-and-plastic layer will be done next time, I hope.
210882547.jpg

What do you think? :cool

Hi Alardis,
well done. You are working really hard on your armor and you are so fast...

May I ask you how tall you are? And how long is your mask? I am worried: As the mask hits the chest, I can bend my head just a little bit.

Markandson, i'm 183 cm. My mask is 30 cm at height.
When I've put on my paper-model mask, I was absoluttely okay at this question. I hope I understand you right :)

hello my friend you have pepakura file of the sith acolyte You could have fun i need the chest and arms please share for me and thanks

This thread is more than 9 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back