SWTOR - Props: Any out there?

Fuzzual

Sr Member
RPF PREMIUM MEMBER
hey RPF'rs, i was a little bored at lunch today, and was wondering if any of you have considered, or started any replica projects from Star Wars The Old Republic game?

Now i avoided this game like the plague, and finally had to give in as a good friend of mine said, "Dude, you are like the Star Wars king, how could you not play this game???"

So i caved, and low and behold, i discovered that it was amazing. The funny thing is, i keep getting yelled out by friends i play with, because i spend too much time looking at the walls, and ships . . . can't help it, its DAMN GOOD REFRENCE.:lol

At any rate, long story short, i started thinking about the weapons in the game, and other prop ideas that could be made from this virtual world. Now I don't have the time to add any projects to my already too full workbench, but have any of you tried any?

Here are a few shots of stuff that might be fun:

ca4_800x450.jpg

CA_20090508_Trooper04_800x450.jpg

of4.jpg

of1.jpg

ca4_800x450.jpg

ca4_800x450.jpg

ca3_800x450.jpg

ca4_800x450.jpg

The ships are pretty cool too, I could see doing some model work?

CA_Jedi_Ship03_800x450.jpg

ca02_800x450.jpg

CA_Smuggler_Ship01_800x450.jpg

there is one person i know doing a havoc trooper build, I myself will be tackling the helmet and armor of the havoc trooper as soon as my n7 build is complete :p
i just dont really like any of the weapons from the game enough to want to build them tbh, cept the lightsabers but id be waayyy too under experienced to make those :confused

I have a friend who is, sadly, not registered on this board, who has done a stunning version of the female Bounty Hunter (she has a name which escapes me) helmet and pistol. Complete with LED lights.

Really top notch stuff. Maybe I can snag a picture or two next time I see him.

I like the droids in the game, very industrial looking.
I am tempted to build one of those, the R2 ish ones.

Craig

I thought so too man, i have plans for 3 astromech droids in my basement project, but I think it may be necessary to build one of those:thumbsup

I am not playing the game but this guy did a couple of lightsabers (last two at the bottom of the page). I believe they are from the cut scenes, specifically the ones they used for teasers before the game game out.

yeah, those are pretty sweet!

I have a friend who is, sadly, not registered on this board, who has done a stunning version of the female Bounty Hunter (she has a name which escapes me) helmet and pistol. Complete with LED lights.

Really top notch stuff. Maybe I can snag a picture or two next time I see him.

I'd love to see them. The game is pretty rich with Star Wars type design and props, very fun stuff to look at. I have been doing screen captures non-stop

I think you will like this one !

The Old Republic Consular Saber

Perfect. Great build!

I am currently building an empty version of the top saber in the pic below. My version seperates in the center for duel wielding purposes.

951199_20090818_790screen005.jpg

i saw a great Satele Shan cosplay somewhere, cant recall where though.
nocturne has a TOR saber up on ebay atm too.
eBay - New & used electronics, cars, apparel, collectibles, sporting goods & more at low prices
personally i think thats way too much for a stunt saber, but as long as the buyer is happy...

saberforge has his gladius saber as well. i think he did a run on here a bit back.

parks and korbanth have both done this saber too
Axis (TM) Saber w/ New Hyperbright Phase (TM) Blade - Parks Sabers - The Most Powerful Sabers In The Known Universe

and vader's vault has done a few modelled after the top left single hilt saber in the first pic of them

*nocturne and tatoosby5 have also both done malgus sabers

Last edited:
I have a double edged version of one of the single edged sabers that I made due to a comic book character I was asked to portray from The Old Republic comic. Dave Ross was the artist and he ended up using my likeness for the character Teneb Kel (Darth Thanaton). I have pics somewhere which I'll upload later.

I like some of the lightsabers and plan to do a build of the Ebon Hawk-ish ship, probably 1/72 (unless it's way bigger than the Ebon Hawk!). I cannot stand the exposed crystal lightsabers. Those are so ridiculous and make no sense. That's the first place I'd target fighting someone with that!

You all do realize that ALL the lightsabers have crystals inside them and that when you are fighting another person they are not going to simply stand there and let you damage their weapon. The whole point of lightsaber combat is to slash and parry, and all it takes is a flick of the wrist to deflect a blade away from you.

I would love to build the astromech or a couple of the ships. Need to finish what I have going on at the moment though (clearing out the old stuff) before I start anything new.

Avolow.

You all do realize that ALL the lightsabers have crystals inside them and that when you are fighting another person they are not going to simply stand there and let you damage their weapon. The whole point of lightsaber combat is to slash and parry, and all it takes is a flick of the wrist to deflect a blade away from you.

I think most of us have seen the movies...

The point is it's making a vital component of your weapon vulnerable. It doesn't matter how good you are at whatever, someone is always better and could score a hit there. Then you're left without a weapon. I seem to remember a certain Sith Lord who got half his lightsaber disabled and he looked like he was pretty good.

This thread is more than 10 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back