SWTOR - Props: Any out there?

Discussion in 'Replica Props' started by Fuzzual, Feb 9, 2012.

1. Fuzzual

Fuzzual Sr Member RPF PREMIUM MEMBER

hey RPF'rs, i was a little bored at lunch today, and was wondering if any of you have considered, or started any replica projects from Star Wars The Old Republic game?

Now i avoided this game like the plague, and finally had to give in as a good friend of mine said, "Dude, you are like the Star Wars king, how could you not play this game???"

So i caved, and low and behold, i discovered that it was amazing. The funny thing is, i keep getting yelled out by friends i play with, because i spend too much time looking at the walls, and ships . . . can't help it, its * GOOD REFRENCE.:lol

At any rate, long story short, i started thinking about the weapons in the game, and other prop ideas that could be made from this virtual world. Now I don't have the time to add any projects to my already too full workbench, but have any of you tried any?

Here are a few shots of stuff that might be fun:

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

The ships are pretty cool too, I could see doing some model work?

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

2. Tarchinoko

Tarchinoko Well-Known Member

there is one person i know doing a havoc trooper build, I myself will be tackling the helmet and armor of the havoc trooper as soon as my n7 build is complete :p
    i just dont really like any of the weapons from the game enough to want to build them tbh, cept the lightsabers but id be waayyy too under experienced to make those :confused

3. Mara Jade's Father

Mara Jade's Father Master Member RPF PREMIUM MEMBER

I am not playing the game but this guy did a couple of lightsabers (last two at the bottom of the page). I believe they are from the cut scenes, specifically the ones they used for teasers before the game game out.

4. abaddon1974

abaddon1974 Active Member

I like the droids in the game, very industrial looking.
    I am tempted to build one of those, the R2 ish ones.

Craig

5. Lutso

Lutso Sr Member

I have a friend who is, sadly, not registered on this board, who has done a stunning version of the female Bounty Hunter (she has a name which escapes me) helmet and pistol. Complete with LED lights.

Really top notch stuff. Maybe I can snag a picture or two next time I see him.

6. Thibault

Thibault Sr Member

7. Dung0beetle

Dung0beetle Well-Known Member

8. Fuzzual

Fuzzual Sr Member RPF PREMIUM MEMBER

I thought so too man, i have plans for 3 astromech droids in my basement project, but I think it may be necessary to build one of those:thumbsup

yeah, those are pretty sweet!

I'd love to see them. The game is pretty rich with Star Wars type design and props, very fun stuff to look at. I have been doing screen captures non-stop

Perfect. Great build!

9. ARKM

ARKM Sr Member

I am currently building an empty version of the top saber in the pic below. My version seperates in the center for duel wielding purposes.

[​IMG]

10. Zendragon

Zendragon Sr Member RPF PREMIUM MEMBER

awesome stuff. Loving the Satele Shan saber

11. abaddon1974

abaddon1974 Active Member

I am sure that I saw a pep for the droid somewhere, just can't remember where.

Craig

12. The Night

The Night Member

i saw a great Satele Shan cosplay somewhere, cant recall where though.
    nocturne has a TOR saber up on ebay atm too.
    eBay - New & used electronics, cars, apparel, collectibles, sporting goods & more at low prices
    personally i think thats way too much for a stunt saber, but as long as the buyer is happy...

saberforge has his gladius saber as well. i think he did a run on here a bit back.

parks and korbanth have both done this saber too
    Axis (TM) Saber w/ New Hyperbright Phase (TM) Blade - Parks Sabers - The Most Powerful Sabers In The Known Universe

and vader's vault has done a few modelled after the top left single hilt saber in the first pic of them

*nocturne and tatoosby5 have also both done malgus sabers

Last edited: Feb 10, 2012
  13. Xaqted

Xaqted Well-Known Member

I play SWTOR now, but I've been working on a T3-M4 from KoTOR. I personally think KoTOR had better droids but you can take a look at the build on my blog - www.Xaqted.com

14. TC9948

TC9948 Active Member

How about sith armor?
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

15. DaleSabers

DaleSabers Member

I have a double edged version of one of the single edged sabers that I made due to a comic book character I was asked to portray from The Old Republic comic. Dave Ross was the artist and he ended up using my likeness for the character Teneb Kel (Darth Thanaton). I have pics somewhere which I'll upload later.

16. Sluis Van Shipyards

Sluis Van Shipyards Master Member

I like some of the lightsabers and plan to do a build of the Ebon Hawk-ish ship, probably 1/72 (unless it's way bigger than the Ebon Hawk!). I cannot stand the exposed crystal lightsabers. Those are so ridiculous and make no sense. That's the first place I'd target fighting someone with that!

17. DaleSabers

DaleSabers Member

I have to agree with that too. It'd be idiotic to have such a vulnerable target there unless it's just purely a sense of decoration.

18. Utherpend

Utherpend Active Member

You all do realize that ALL the lightsabers have crystals inside them and that when you are fighting another person they are not going to simply stand there and let you damage their weapon. The whole point of lightsaber combat is to slash and parry, and all it takes is a flick of the wrist to deflect a blade away from you.

19. Avolow

Avolow Active Member

I would love to build the astromech or a couple of the ships. Need to finish what I have going on at the moment though (clearing out the old stuff) before I start anything new.

Avolow.

20. Sluis Van Shipyards

Sluis Van Shipyards Master Member

I think most of us have seen the movies...

The point is it's making a vital component of your weapon vulnerable. It doesn't matter how good you are at whatever, someone is always better and could score a hit there. Then you're left without a weapon. I seem to remember a certain Sith Lord who got half his lightsaber disabled and he looked like he was pretty good.

21. Lazerblade

Lazerblade Active Member

There are two people who make Havoc Trooper armor and another person that is in the works. I own the Tza kit. I also read some place that the Imperial Trooper armor is going to be made by someone.

Hope this helps.

Paul

22. Mr Handyman

Mr Handyman New Member

I've been working on a Sith Acolyte armor, but it keeps getting pushed back in favor of other projects. Hoping to have it done by the end of the month, if I can finish one other project first...

23. Utherpend

Utherpend Active Member

The entire light saber is vulnerable, if you hit any of the sabers components then it will malfunction or cease to work all together. That is the point of any bladed combat, you protect your weapon and yourself at the same time. Arguing that putting a visible crystal on a weapon makes it more vulnerable is not valid.

24. ARKM

ARKM Sr Member

Ah but what if a Jedi or Sith actually had intelligence (yep, I'm implying that they're all stupid) and actually built a lightsaber out of Phrik or Cortosis or some other metal that either is resistant or "proof" to lightsaber blade energy and had some sort of hand guard on it like the tsuba on a katana (the guard could even be made from energy with a metal guard underneath) to help protect the hands? Then having a visible crystal would not be a smart idea eh? *adjusts nerd glasses*

25. lolow

lolow Active Member

well i made this helmet in 2011 first helmet ever done for swtor , i never finished it , on mandalorian mercs ,some one did a cast of the round version

little vid of it

View My Video

and how it is as of now

[​IMG]

Last edited: May 8, 2013