Sword Art Online II - Kirito's "Photon Sword"

Gamera68

Are there any fans of the anime series besides myself?

I thought I'd tackle Kirito's "Photon Sword" that looks a LOT like a lightsaber.
The model name is "Kagemitsu G4"

Here are a few screen caps, as I need to get an idea how long the hilt is.

SAO II Photon Sword close-up Kagemitsu G4 - 001.jpgSAO II Photon Sword close-up Kagemitsu G4 - 002.jpgSAO II Photon Sword close-up Kagemitsu G4 - 003 - switch close up.jpgSAO II Photon Sword Kagemitsu G4 - 004 - photon sword activated.jpg

As you can see here, it looks (and sounds to me) like a lightsaber. And yes, the activation switch is close to the "business end" LOL.
Why they put it there, is beyond me. If I do tackle this project, it will be low-cost and a static display piece.

Does anybody know where can I get a clip type ring as seen on the left-hand side of the first 2 pictures?

Most of the parts I can probably find at Home Depot. I don't know when I can start on this project
but I'll be sure to try and post progress photos if and when I can :)

Any insight to this will be greatly appreciated

Much thanks. Are they available in retail? Like Target, Wal-mart or a hardware store?

The other "rings" should be easy, but the rounded emitter and the tail cap, where the
carbabiner ring comes out, won't be easy I think... Hm...

Ah I see... it looks like the ring I have on my key-chain but longer.
How long does it look like? (assuming his hand is 3 inches across and
the total hilt length is about 10 inches from end to end, not including the bottom)

The "specs" on the screen beforehand say it's about 8 inches long.
... which I should've posted, too... LOL.

Much thanks again :)

Last edited:
Carabiners are often used in rock climbing so rock climbing stores or sporting goods stores that sell rock climbing equipment would certainly have them. I don't know what other types of stores carry them as I have never in my entire life ever shopped for one. For all I know Home Depot, Lowes and Wal-Mart sell them.

Not counting the ring (but still counting the black part of the "sword" that the ring goes through (pommel)) and going by my own hands which are men's large in glove size, I'd say the sword is 10" long and the carabiner is 1-7/8" long. However that is a young child with smaller hands so who knows.

Almost every store in the US has Carabiner/keychains. Gas stations to Home Depot. Those things are everywhere.

im a huge fan of sao and sao 2 and am also interested in making kirito's saber....im thinking about using a black pvc pipe for the base and using sintra to add the details

Thanks everyone for your input. I was guessing the hilt is about 10 inches long.
I'll check Auto Zone and Home Depot for the carabiner rings. Much thanks.

If anyone else is gonna try this out, please feel free to chime in with any details
as I won't get started on this for a few days, at least. :)

Thanks everyone for your input. I was guessing the hilt is about 10 inches long.
I'll check Auto Zone and Home Depot for the carabiner rings. Much thanks.

If anyone else is gonna try this out, please feel free to chime in with any details
as I won't get started on this for a few days, at least. :)
thanks to your great ref pics im almost done 3d modelling these pieces so they can be fit on a pvc pipe just gotta do the switch
CyjYw8j.png

K3ddDss.png

YeCA3WK.jpg

Re: Sword Art Online II - Kirito's "Photon Saber" / lightsaber / laser sword

thanks to your great ref pics im almost done 3d modelling these pieces so they can be fit on a pvc pipe just gotta do the switch
http://i.imgur.com/CyjYw8j.png
http://i.imgur.com/K3ddDss.png
http://i.imgur.com/YeCA3WK.jpg

No problem, They're HD screen-caps from the episode. Those close-ups are the best I could get.
On the other side from the horizontal strip, there is an activation slide-type switch you can see when
Kirito activated it (in the 3rd screen-cap from the left) just below the emitter end.

And much thanks for the 3-D scans. :D
I hope you don't mind if I use them as a reference, too...

Would you also mind listing pasts and measurements, too?
I might head out to home depot tomorrow to look for the parts.
Thanks again, robotboy.

Last edited:
Re: Sword Art Online II - Kirito's "Photon Sword"

Do you mean a blade that pops out or just one that lights up

Oh - just a lighted blade similar to the star wars type ones you can buy at any store.
Maybe use a clear PVC tube or similar. But I don't want the 'blade" to be too heavy.

But it would be simple with no sounds or animation of the LEDs going up or down.
(Like the Ultimate FX lightsabers that have been out for a while)
I do have a few magenta LEDs but I'm not sure how to go about it.

Re: Sword Art Online II - Kirito's "Photon Sword"

Oh - just a lighted blade similar to the star wars type ones you can buy at any store.
Maybe use a clear PVC tube or similar. But I don't want the 'blade" to be too heavy.

But it would be simple with no sounds or animation of the LEDs going up or down.
(Like the Ultimate FX lightsabers that have been out for a while)
I do have a few magenta LEDs but I'm not sure how to go about it.

I was thinking about buying a toy light saber and stripping it for parts

*BUMP*

Went to Home Depot today and wasn't happy with what I found.

So I've decided to go another route - I'll be using a Ray-O-Vac LED flashlight for the main body.
I'll use craft foam or something similar to cover the ridges - I just have to make the handle/ hilt
about 4 inches longer. And I might add a color-changing LED assembly from an old lightwand
that will make the blade any color I want - I just have to solder brighter LEDs to the main board.
(1 red, 1 green, and 1 blue) but I'll be taking my time w. this project. I also have to find a suitable
"blade" locally that is rigid enough and also diffuse the light in the tube - maybe an old golf club
tube - they come in a translucent white and are pretty sturdy. I can probably find one at a local
flea market most likely and they're about 3 feet long which is perfect. Anyway, just a little update.

Here is the flashlight I'll be using as the hilt before I modify it. It's all aluminum and is reminiscent
of the Ray-O-Vac flashlight from the mid-70's (I actually had one way back when, LOL) The red
button is for the 'signal' feature. This one has a 30 mcd white LED and is pretty bright for a $4 flashlight. (w/ tax)
I had bought it at Wal-Mart about a month or 2 ago if anybody's wondering, located in the sporting goods department.
Okay, here are the pics: Double click for full size...

flashlight 01 rayovac.jpg flashlight 02 rayovac.jpg

*BUMP*

Went to Home Depot today and wasn't happy with what I found.

So I've decided to go another route - I'll be using a Ray-O-Vac LED flashlight for the main body.
I'll use craft foam or something similar to cover the ridges - I just have to make the handle/ hilt
about 4 inches longer. And I might add a color-changing LED assembly from an old lightwand
that will make the blade any color I want - I just have to solder brighter LEDs to the main board.
(1 red, 1 green, and 1 blue) but I'll be taking my time w. this project. I also have to find a suitable
"blade" locally that is rigid enough and also diffuse the light in the tube - maybe an old golf club
tube - they come in a translucent white and are pretty sturdy. I can probably find one at a local
flea market most likely and they're about 3 feet long which is perfect. Anyway, just a little update.

Here is the flashlight I'll be using as the hilt before I modify it. It's all aluminum and is reminiscent
of the Ray-O-Vac flashlight from the mid-70's (I actually had one way back when, LOL) The red
button is for the 'signal' feature. This one has a 30 mcd white LED and is pretty bright for a $4 flashlight. (w/ tax)
I had bought it at Wal-Mart about a month or 2 ago if anybody's wondering, located in the sporting goods department.
Okay, here are the pics: Double click for full size...

View attachment 355215 View attachment 355216

Let me know if you would like templates for the detail pieces on the hilt :)

This thread is more than 7 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back