Swiveling mouth visor on Deadmau5 helmet help

Don't want to see this ad? Sign up for anRPF Premium Membershiptoday. Support the community. Stop the ads.

iTzOminousTic

I just built my 2nd deadmau5 helmet today, Doing it by paper mache'ing a beachball and what not, Took me like 1.5 days to get where I'm at now.
I wanted to have a swiveling visor that way when people wanna talk or I wanna drink something or w/e, I can move the visor up. I have not picked my fabric yet so its still just paper mache showing. Can't decide on colors (Well for main head because the ears will definitely be black) or if I will be using rhinestones. Idk.

Not sure how to embed videos on these forums but here's a link:
Swiveling Visor on Deadmau5 helmet. - YouTube

I'm using a PETG sheet cut into the shape of the mouth and its being held on by thumbtacks at the moment. It does just fall off because it's not really secure or anything.
i was wondering, How can I get it to stay where I want it?

Don't want to see this ad? Sign up for anRPF Premium Membershiptoday. Support the community. Stop the ads.

D33G33

maybe where you have the thumb tacks at the moment see if you can reinforce this area with a resin of some type, OR (just a quick thought) glue in a plastic nut (from a kids toy nut/bolt kit)

The plastic bolt could be screwed into the nut and semi threaded (and glued) into the visor, this should be a good anchoring point for the visor.

maybe have 1 or 2 'tabs' that when the visor is lowered it slots into to prevent it going down further than desired. it should matter when you lift it up.

hopefully that makes sense, it makes sense in my head :S ha!

iTzOminousTic

maybe where you have the thumb tacks at the moment see if you can reinforce this area with a resin of some type, OR (just a quick thought) glue in a plastic nut (from a kids toy nut/bolt kit)

The plastic bolt could be screwed into the nut and semi threaded (and glued) into the visor, this should be a good anchoring point for the visor.

maybe have 1 or 2 'tabs' that when the visor is lowered it slots into to prevent it going down further than desired. it should matter when you lift it up.

hopefully that makes sense, it makes sense in my head :S ha!
Thanx for your suggestion, I'll be sure to try that out! :D