Sweeney Todd Razors (pic heavy)

SweeneyTodd

Just posting to share my Sweeney Todd razors that I own.
I actually own 3 types of razors. I have the NECA official prop replicas, ACME Brand replica razors, and the razors seen here. Not sure what brand that razor is, but those ones are actually sharp (obviously). My other razors that I have (NECA and ACME) are not sharp, they are just prop replicas. I have 11 razors total now. Not really sure why though, they just kind of piled up.

Below are various pictures of my razors. I will edit this post later with pictures of the three types of razors I have, as well as clearer pictures of my ACME Brand razors. Some of the pics below actually show up on google if you search Sweeney Todd razors, which is kind of funny. My Sweeney Todd razors are kind of google famous (posted pictures of them on FanPop and apparently they show up on google now).

The pictures below show the 3 brands of razors that I have in my possession. From top to bottom:
1. ACME Brand Replica
2. NECA Official Razor Prop Replica
3. Whetstone (?)/ mystery razor
IMG_9613-2.jpg

All of my razors (total 10)
IMG_9627.jpg

IMG_9625.jpg

Blade comparision
left to right:
1. Whetstone (?)/mystery razor
2. NECA Official Razor Prop Replica
3. ACME Brand razor
IMG_9621.jpg

IMG_9622.jpg

Full set of razors
Sweeney-Todd-Full-Set-of-Razors-sweeney-todd-11644223-640-480.jpg

Top view of full set of razors (not really sure why the bamboo plant is behind them, sorry about that, I think I was using it to hold the top of the box open)
All_my_friends_by_SweeneyT_DemonBarber-1.jpg

Just a kind of interesting pic of my razors
More_razors_by_SweeneyT_DemonBarber-2.jpg

Last edited:
You should finish it and then post. I'd love to see

Here's a link to my prop collection (the razors and box are a little ways down). Have you thought about weathering the box at all. I just used a little bit of charcoal to do mine. I've also modified the bottom of the box, where the razors sit, by removing some of the padding, thus lowering it just a tad makin' the razors fit a li'll better (a tip given to my by benhs1898).

The Sweeney Todd book has a really good reference for the inside weathering. Do you have the book or would you like me to scan it?

Here's a link to my prop collection (the razors and box are a little ways down). Have you thought about weathering the box at all. I just used a little bit of charcoal to do mine. I've also modified the bottom of the box, where the razors sit, by removing some of the padding, thus lowering it just a tad makin' the razors fit a li'll better (a tip given to my by benhs1898).

The link didn't work or you didn't post it.
I have thought about weathering the outside and inside of the box, but am unsure as to how to do it.

benhs1898- I have the book, thanks for the offer though
But you might still want to scan it since Nexus6 wants to see it.

Nexus6- I have the book, if I can get access to a scanner, I can post pics of it and try to find the pictures that bens1898 was talking about. But if I can remember properly, in the book I have, it really only has one good picture of the razor box. Maybe I have a different book then...

Sorry for the wait, I forgot.

Ignore the white dots, they were on my scanner.

This is a great reference for weathering the lid of your box. Also, you get a look at the latch which appears to operate on pressure.

sweev.jpg

Here, you can compare my weathering with the book weathering.
img2783z.jpg

More reference:

dvdj.png

dvd4.png

sweenytoddknives02.jpg

sweenytoddswords01.jpg

ar4rev5qgkt8tnhnjkgxoa.jpg

Last edited:
Oh wow thanks a lot for all the photos! Your weathering looks extremely good. Did you explain how to do it in your thread? If you did, I am going to take another look at that thread xD
Where did you get that last pic you posted? It's really good. I tried to get a good photo of the razors at the Tim Burton exhibit but it was very hard with the security people being there :p

This thread is more than 12 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back