Sweeney Todd Costume

SweeneyTodd

Hello, I'm new here, and thought I would post some of my costume pics in a thread for some feedback.
I have been doing some looking around on this site and I thoroughly impressed by the level of skill of the people on here. It really is amazing and I hope to learn some things while I am lurking around here.

Anyways, that being said, I ask that you please be kind with my photos. I know that my costume is nowhere near the level of a lot of people people's costumes and props on here, but I am just a person who has taken an intense interest in the 2007 Sweeney Todd movie. I have decided to cosplay Sweeney Todd, been doing so since 2008. I have been making updates to my costume along the way (maybe later I will show progress pics). I still consider the costume to be in progress since it is not up to the level of accuracy that I want yet. I must admit that I am a person who is dependent on commissions, however I am looking to learn how to make my own costumes and replica props eventually.
Below are some pictures of my Sweeney Todd costume. I am aware that there are many inaccuracies, but I am working on sorting those out.
Let me know what you guys think :D

Below is a picture where I tried to do something similar to the Sweeney Todd promotional poster.
3119372.jpg

Another one based off of one of the promotional poster. This time I actually have a Mrs. Lovett. Her costume is not accurate at all, that is because I did not have a legit Mrs. Lovett costume for her at the time
sweeney_and_lovett_by_sweeneyt_demonbarber-d4fh792-2.jpg

A comparison shot. Yea yea yea, I know... Sweeney Todd isn't Asian. Sorry. I can't really help that.
Picture2.png

...And lastly a picture of all my razors. I just have the standard NECA replicas with the box. I have been looking for someone to make a more accurate box for me, with the accurate latch on it but haven't found anyone yet. So this is what I have.
Razors_by_SweeneyT_DemonBarber.jpg

More_razors_by_SweeneyT_DemonBarber-1.jpg

Sorry for all of the pics, Just wanted to share. :D

Thanks for any feedback!

Thanks a lot guys!
Weaselhammer- I have a large collection of Sweeney Todd costume reference pics that I have been looking at very carefully for a while. My costume started out with a whole lot of missing details, so I had to re gather costume items to make it more accurate. I am still updating it as there are still many detail things that are missing or wrong :p
Below is a comparison pic from my first time at a con as Sweeney Todd, and then the way it is today. As you guys can tell, I clearly had no clue how to do my hair properly, or pose for that matter. It was just a mess :p
Picture4-1.png

Jodo- haha thanks. Took me a while to get those razors. At one point I had 13 NECA razors (not sure how that happened), but of course some of those broke or got lost. I still need to buy one more, since I used one of them to make a fake razor....

Oh just wondering, not sure if this really is supposed to be here, but I don't want to create a whole new thread for this. So, does anyone on here know how to possibly make a Sweeney Todd razor with a switchblade-like mechanism? Or a razor that squirts lots of blood? Those are part of the updates that I want to make for my costume
Any direction you guys can point me in would be great

Sorry for double posting, my phone won't let me use the edit function on here :p

I'll reiterate what everyone else has said: great job on the costume (especially the waistcoat). Out of curiosity, I've never seen the "licensed" razor box, can you enlighten me (us) on exactly how it is not screen-accurate (maybe with some reference photos ;))? It looks pretty good in the photos you took...

Thanks!
As for the box, as far as I can tell there are only 2 things that were slightly different between the screen used one and the NECA one. So it's not really a big deal, that was just me being a nitpicky accuracy freak. I'm probably not going to try to find a different box, but I think someday I'd like to have all the razors with all the designs on them.
I will post comparison pics later, I just gotta get a comparison pic together. But the two differences that I have noticed was the missing latch on the front of the box and the spaces where the razors are held are set a bit lower on the screen used one (this was mentioned on here in one of the razor box mods threads). If I find anymore differences I will post hehe

I definately know what it's like to catch the accuracy bug with a costume, I started a Boba Fett costume a couple years ago with the intention of just making a passable facsimile and couldn't stop upgrading parts, pouring over reference pics, etc trying to make it look like the real thing. You've done a great job and picked a great character to re-create !

benhs1898-It was actually your thread that brought the way the razor holders were situated to my attention, so thanks for that! xD Are you planning on ever doing a Sweeney Todd costume?

Weaselhammer- thanks a lot!
Actually, from the start I was determined to get this as accurate as possible. I just kinda failed at observing things when I first started out (I was only 13 at the time I started). But as soon as I saw the movie and Sweeney's costume, I knew that was what I was doing for Halloween that year, and I wanted it to be accurate. I just wasn't aware of the whole costuming and cosplaying world, so I never really knew where to get my items from. Once I found out about con going and cosplaying, it gave me even more reason to want to get this as accurate as possible, I still would love to have the original screen used costume, but then again who wouldn't. haha

Do you have pics of your Boba Fett costume? That's a really intense costume. That seems almost impossible to get accurate, yet I have seen some really good Boba Fett cosplays (although for all I know they could all have been really bad, I don't know that costume all too well). xD

I started once, but the vest situation got all messed up and I moved on. Right now, it's so far down my list, I haven't even filled the razor box yet!

Oh. His vest is really hard. His costume in general is kinda strange, one of the people I am commissioning for a grey barber coat is having trouble drafting a pattern for that (all the separate sewn together pieces make pattern drafting kinda difficult I guess).
Well anyways,l I hope you eventually get to it. I'm always up for seeing another Sweeney Todd!

Go ahead and post them in my thread. I'd like to see pictures of all of the razors in the box. A couple angles on that.

I know this is a super old thread, but I stumbled across it, and I really need help!! Where did you get your wig/ how did you make it?? I want to do a Sweeney Todd cosplay, but am stuck on getting an accurate wig. :)

This thread is more than 8 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back