SW The Blueprints book = Awesomeness

Consider this book a historical document encapsulating a small portion of the densely complicated design and production process behind the creation of the six Star Wars films. It's definitely not a how-to guide.

Of course, you can do or make whatever you want with the drawings contained inside, and there are just way too many to list here.

I have seen them as low as 350 , so I will get it for sure just for the sheer reading reference along with the images . Really don't much care for the signatures, but hey I can overlook them.

-James

O.K., thanks for the insight. :thumbsup

My understanding is that this book has copies of ACTUAL LFL blueprints used to make sets as well as other authorised LFL drawings.

Consider this book a historical document encapsulating a small portion of the densely complicated design and production process behind the creation of the six Star Wars films. It's definitely not a how-to guide.

Of course, you can do or make whatever you want with the drawings contained inside, and there are just way too many to list here.

I'm not confident Sideshow will ship it out until the end of the year.

I would expect they will. They get Hot Toys stuff from Hong Kong about a month after they're released there, and this should be coming from the U.S.

It was originally set to come out November 1st, if it releases at that time then there's 2 months for Sideshow to get them out. Since some are already receiving theirs from other places, it might be even earlier. Although I would imagine that that is for people ordering direct from the publisher.

Got mine from Forbidden Planet here in UK, expensive but worth it.

Don't hold your breath for a paperback, I can't see that as practical with a book as big as this.

It's enormous...and still I wish some illustrations were larger and there was more, but that's greedy.

Both Sculpting and Dressing ( a Galaxy) had limited special editions preceding the plain hardbacks, but the difference between them was, mainly, "extras" such as fabric swatches and models.

If you can afford it, you won't be disappointed unless you're expecting a scratch builder's bible. There are plenty of blueprints and a wealth of information, so it's a joy.

I received this email today from sideshow, saying that the books have arrived in the California. Mine is already on a UPS truck.

Early Arrival Notice
***READ ONLY E-MAIL***
***DO NOT REPLY***​

Item name: Star Wars: The Blueprints book
Item #: 901441
Item price: $424.99 (sale price)
NRD (Non-Refundable Deposit): $50.00 per item

Dear Valued Collector,

Thank you for your pre-order of the Star Wars: The Blueprints book! This email is to notify you that this amazing Star Wars collectible has arrived into our warehouse earlier than anticipated, and we are offering you the opportunity to be among the first to receive your item!

If you would like to receive your shipment early, we can charge the balance of your order now – please email your request directly to Jeff Dean at Jeff.Dean@SideshowCollectibles.com and include your Name, Order Number, and subject line “BLUEPRINTS” in your email request! Please find your specific “T” or “P” Order Number in your online account before contacting Jeff via email.

If you do not wish to take advantage of this early shipment offer, you need not contact us as we will automatically process the order on schedule (beginning October 21st), and you can expect to receive our standard processing notice in mid-October.

We appreciate your business and your order!

Best regards,

The Sideshow Processing Department

Last edited by a moderator:
Ordered mine from Amazon last week, and I got it this afternoon. After opening the nesting doll's worth of boxes it's encapsulated in, I tried to lift it out unassisted with my nerdy girly arms, but my mom came down to the basement to help me put it on the D&D table (Had to move some stuff CAREFULLY) for review. The only white gloves I could find were my mom's elbow length evening gloves. She's got man hands so I can get them on. I must say, the book is "most impressive". I tried to show it to my mom, but she didn't want to wear the portable sneeze guard I made for reviewing my books, I'll have to take pictures and show her those....

Last edited:
This thread is more than 11 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back