SW The Blueprints book = Awesomeness

hyperdyne

Sr Member
Today I heard a loud knock at my door. Hey, it was the UPS gal!

She had me sign for a heavy package that I didnt know what it could be. Felt like somebody sent me plate steel in a box!

box1_sm.jpg

Hmmm, opening it carefully:

box2_sm.jpg

box3_sm.jpg

Oooooh, finally THE book of SW blueprints! The sheer size and weight of this thing is incredible. A 25lb book?!? Its a very large format book also. You need the use the pull strip just to release the heavy book from its cavity.

book1_sm.jpg

Special edition signed by the masters:

book2_sm.jpg

I cant wait to go through the book. I quickly leafed through several pages and there is some incredible pics and drawings in it. Very, very, very cool...

book3_sm.jpg

book4_sm.jpg

Everything from MSE, cave dwellings, ships, falcon interior drawings, hoth command center, etc, etc, etc. You name it! I'll be busy the whole afternoon going through this with a huge smile. :cool

book5_sm.jpg

This is hands down the nicest SW book in my collection. For the price it should be, and the reproductions of the original blueprints are awe inspiring!

I am curious, is the Hoth "Int. Main Hanger Deck" blueprint is in the book? There are a few spots of text that I cannot quite make out.

The first is in Section A-A where it says "Wire ___ dressing to stage wall"

The second is in Section D-D, the smudged text to the left of "Access thro' back"

Lastly, the last line in the title block, in the far right column, under "Art -2"

See attached pics for ref.

Thanks

Book looks great!

I think a bunch of people should go together on one that gets ripped apart and colour copies made.

Mind you, that still might come out to $500 a piece

Pay the money. I'm paying $450 for this book because it is a good value for the item itself in the quantity it was printed - you can be sure I'm not gonna turn around and just give it away - whomever does that is not going to be very popular.

The RPF doesn't like open admissions of thievery, by the way.

Hey, i didn't say to do it, nor agree that's it's ethical or legal. But i'm just saying that eventually, you can be sure that someone will scan it & post it on the web.... someday... somehow... :darnkids
Enjoy your book. :)

Pay the money. I'm paying $450 for this book because it is a good value for the item itself in the quantity it was printed - you can be sure I'm not gonna turn around and just give it away - whomever does that is not going to be very popular.

The RPF doesn't like open admissions of thievery, by the way.

Well, I got my book yesterday and spent HOURS going through it page by page. Pictures of this book without some scale just do not do it justice as it is HUGE and HEAVY and the pages are amazingly thick and sturdy. In its case, it's more like a piece of furniture than a book.

In addition to page after page of mind-blowing drawings with handwritten production notes, there is a ton of text that goes along with each section, very much in the style of the two Rinzler Making of... books. I'd like to see someone pay full-price for a document of this beauty and quality and quantity of material and then rip it apart and scan it just so a few cheap bastards can have a PDF of the whole thing.

Trust me when I say it's not gonna happen. Even if someone tried, the result would suck so much compared to the original that it just wouldn't be worth it. If you want one, you'd better buy it now, because these will be even more expensive on the secondary market, not that I'd ever consider selling mine.

What an incredible book this is. So outrageously fun. So inspiring. Back to the shop now! :)

This may be a silly question, but as I honestly don't know, I'm going to ask...

Is the blueprint information presented in this book intended to be a collection of "literal" blueprints, whereby they could be used to create, exactly and completely, the props or sets they are showcasing? Before anyone goes off laughing that I'm jonesing for a lifesize Millennium Falcon, not so. However, there are one or two things that, if these ARE literal blueprints, might be interesting to try and recreate in miniature if they could be scaled down... :confused

This thread is more than 11 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back