SW bounty hunter 'clone wars' CGI paint job model

Don't want to see this ad? Sign up for anRPF Premium Membershiptoday. Support the community. Stop the ads.

J Scorn

Sr Member
ok, so ive been watching the clone wars, and noticed the detailing on the CGI FX and wondered how easy it is to achive on a scaled model?

looking at the clone armour sections and general G's head the paint job looks like 'mini brush strokes'.

so i picked a cheapish model to practice on a vynl bobba fett.

here goes..

Don't want to see this ad? Sign up for anRPF Premium Membershiptoday. Support the community. Stop the ads.

J Scorn

Sr Member

cam' isnt the best in high lightin, but starting to get the brushing effect on the high lights

J Scorn

Sr Member

the light areas on the top is wat im trying to get to, going to hunt a better cam to show off the fx of the brushin.

J Scorn

Sr Member
Ive changed this model into a female bounty hunter. before putting the torso together, i used a heat gun to soften the chest plates, then putting 2 large ended brushes i pushed the chest out. Also did the same to the hips to widen it, giving the fx of female form... touble was its got covered by capes and ammo pouches abit.

colour schemes help alot with giving models the charater your lookin for......

J Scorn

Sr Member
going to keep the armour sections rough matt, but the undersuit will be leather looking, kinda like the red leather 'DAREDEVIL' wears, just going to gloss over those bits.