Survivor: South Pacific

I agree! She is niiiiiiice!:love

mikiwingle5.jpg

34674e53455a8e60e.jpg

And Ozzy just seems to be concerned about himself, not the morale or comfort of his team.

Papa Bear seems cool though! And Cochran (sp?) well....for some reason I kinda like him :lol

Coach seemed...older. Less "dragonslayer". Early days, though, and I bet he's just keeping it under wraps. I wonder if Brandon will fess up to who his uncle is...

Coach is a d-bag. Someone needs to just tell him enough already. He's like one of those fake people that runs around telling everyone he's a Navy SEAL. It looks interesting, but enough with bringing players back unless they're going to do an all stars show. Survivor did it last season, then Rob won. Big Brother U.S. just did it and a veteran won.

I forgot to post this the other night, but Russel's nephew is a moron. He keeps talking about that Mikayla(sp?) girl like she's constantly flirting with him or hitting on him. The guy must be really weak because he wants to vote her out because he's attracted to her. Seriously? If you're that weak willed how the heck do you function in life. I really hope next Wed. she asks him why he wants her out, then have him explain, then her make a fool out of him. He compared her to Parvati, who definitely has a flirty personality. I haven't seen anything like that with this girl.

I just can't get into this season. I'll probably continue to watch because I love Coach as he's great for TV, but the other contestants just aren't grabbing me.

I just can't get into this season. I'll probably continue to watch because I love Coach as he's great for TV, but the other contestants just aren't grabbing me.

No it's not just you. The cast seemed interesting enough on paper though, but something is missing. I liked the idea of Rob/Russell, but I don't think Ozzy/Coach are a good matchup. Coach and Special Agent Phil would have been better, but a whole new cast would have been my #1 choice for this season.

It's still too early to get a read on some of these people. I think there are a couple of hidden personality gems that haven't had much screen time yet.

I hope they keep Brandon around for a while. He is gold! I love laughing at his wackiness. They should have set up a live webcast of Russel watching the episodes along with the rest of us. I'd love to see his reactions to what his nephew is doing.

Mikayla - en fuego! :love
Ozzie - not much goin on upstairs still, but he's kept his physical game (unlike Colby)
Coach - a complete joke...still
Brandon - whacked! (not worthy of his uncle, the greatest player of all time!)
Cochran - knowledge of game's history will not make up for his gross lack of social skills

No one else jumps out, but the season is young. I'll be watching each week, as I have for the last 22 seasons. lol

The Wook

I can't help but feel that once again, the vast majority of what they are doing with these two is forced and manufactured to look a specific way. Not saying it isn't there or that he doesn't have a problem, but the editing sure makes it look like what they WANT it to look like much moreso than it actually is.

I agree that the guy isn't too sharp telling coach his big secret and then admitting at tribal that he lied to coach about the voting. What is coach's motivation to keep this a secret now?

I forgot to post this the other night, but Russel's nephew is a moron. He keeps talking about that Mikayla(sp?) girl like she's constantly flirting with him or hitting on him. The guy must be really weak because he wants to vote her out because he's attracted to her. Seriously? If you're that weak willed how the heck do you function in life. I really hope next Wed. she asks him why he wants her out, then have him explain, then her make a fool out of him. He compared her to Parvati, who definitely has a flirty personality. I haven't seen anything like that with this girl.

There aren't any contestants that stand out to me yet as very interesting. They're focusing so much on Coach, Ozzy and Brandon that we aren't getting to know the others much. That's what I don't like about bringing players back, it skews the early game interactions.

It bothers me too how Brandon blames Mikayla for his own attraction to her. He said he's made some bad choices and doesn't want her to stand in his way of his family and a million dollars. Does he actually think she's inevitably going to go after him for an affair if he doesn't vote her out, or that he'll just be so insanely distracted by her 'wiles' that he won't be able to play the game well?

I agree that the editing has a lot to do with the Mikayla/Brandon connection. But I'm also tired of hearing him ramble on about it all.

Still enjoying the season but I'm with you guys/gals in that I hope they focus on the other players soon so we get to know more about them

Maybe they're not showing us the other castaways' footage because they've been boring. It's a TV show, and they need drama to generate ratings to make money.

The Wook

I just got to watch last week's episode tonight. The funniest thing all season was Brandon telling Coach (after Coach said he'd talk to God about his vote) that God talked to him and he was pretty sure of one thing, that God said not to write his (Brandon's) name down. :lol I'm Christian, so I'm not religion bashing, but I think God has more important things to do then help you win Survivor.

Funny you should mention that. Star Wars Chick and I were just talking about that last night and wondering if they had specifically picked people with a religious background to intensify the drama by forcing them into a situation which on many levels rewards the opposite of what is considered by many religious to be appropriate behavior.

I just got to watch last week's episode tonight. The funniest thing all season was Brandon telling Coach (after Coach said he'd talk to God about his vote) that God talked to him and he was pretty sure of one thing, that God said not to write his (Brandon's) name down. :lol I'm Christian, so I'm not religion bashing, but I think God has more important things to do then help you win Survivor.

^^^THIS 100%. :thumbsup

This thread is more than 12 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back