SURVIVOR: One World (Official Thread)

I see the Salani tribe name come up and I can't help but think of Salami from the White Shadow.

Sabrina's Town Hall meeting was Lord of the Flysish. All that was missing was the Conch as they pointed at who could speak.

Was very surprised at the portrayal of several cast members based on their professions:

If the comedian's best bit is that accent, it's time for a new line of work. You'd think something humorous would have shone through after two episodes.

Sabrina is a teacher? She makes the fat kid/cake comment, calls Colton a virus, then calls him a jerk. Would have expected a different demeanor from a teacher.

Way too much from Tarzan this week in the speedo, dancing around, and he actually flashed some "Jazz Hands." Yikes. He's a plastic surgeon?

I just saw the movie "Contagion" last week and that's what jumped to my mind with all those bats flying around. Scary.

After the opening, Alicia was edited much better this week. I hated her last week. Was "meh" about her this week.

Nina absolutely reminded me of Sue Hawk this week. Her points were spot on but I think her tact cost her. She had potential but as she was railing on and on, I knew she was done.

Something needs to change for the women quickly. They need to get their act together or hope for a Survivor change-up to get it going or else they will collapse.

I agree about Jeff imposing himself too much into the tribal.

Kat's a nitwit. That was the most feeble challenge performance I've ever seen in 23 seasons, by an individual, and by a tribe (because she wasn't the only one who fracked up, but she was the worst!).

Colton disgusts me. And I ain't a happy camper seeing him portrayed as some kind of power broker in the previews for next week. I can't stand listening to or looking at him...please, flush out his idol and vote him the frack off!

As for Jeff's verbal contributions in Tribal, I guess it doesn't bother me that much, because I know we only see like 5 minutes of every TC, and in reality every TC lasts way longer than that. So even if we don't see Jeff talking, he might've in footage that hit the editing room floor. Sure, if he said something egregious, that I deemed to be *too* helpful (or even leading) to a tribe, I'd be pissed. But he didn't say anything like that last night that I heard. He just basically reprimanded the girls for acting like a bunch of 6th graders. Didn't offend me, because the girls *are* so helpless and hapless. :lol I do vaguely recall a time or two the last few seasons, where he did insert himself too much into the game at Tribal, but it just didn't come off to me that way last night.

The Wook

Man.

That blond is dumb.

I mean not just stupid, but dumb as a pile of rocks stupid. How does she cross the street each day without getting run over?

Jumping into the water TWICE?

Idjit.

Something needs to change for the women quickly. They need to get their act together or hope for a Survivor change-up to get it going or else they will collapse.

Yeah- they have it in their heads that their "alliance of five" is more important than winning challenges. Kat was a joke in that challenge and "should" have been sent home. She practically admitted to being deserving of being voted off. But she managed to play the "poor me" card, and Nina did come off slightly abrasive (just enough to sway things in Kat's favour I guess).

Even if Coulton survives the merge and jumps, I think the men will outnumber the women at the rate they are going.

A real shake up would be splitting the tribes into equal men and women at this point if the women are to have any chance. That or the men start turning on one another (however the men have to lose or throw a challenge first).

Kevin

I complained about this last season and was VERY upset with Jeff's manipulation of the tribe tonight. I totally agree. Jeff, shut up and let them do their thing and stop leading them!

It's not really anything new with Jeff. Tribal Council lasts hours and it is really Jeff picking and probing at the tribe like a scab. I guess it's just the past few seasons where the editing is showing Jeff to be more manipulative.

What a butt-kicking in the reward challenge. Definitely got some momentum going for the women.

I absolutely agree with the sushi chef to not give the women fire. He's spot-on in saying that of course you'd help them if they ever happened to find themselves on a deserted island in real-life but this is Survivor!

I'm still waiting to laugh at anything the comedian says or does. He's not funny, not like a clown, he doesn't amuse me, and he's not a puzzle-master.

Troyzan looked a lot better this episode. I wasn't impressed with him earlier but now he's looking sharper. That whole roosters and chickens thing was ridiculous.

A twist from one of my all-time favorite movies at tribal as, "Jeff created a slight breach of etiquette by skipping the duh-dare and going right for the throat!"

Jeff pronounced that Matt going home was another blindside. I think they're using that term too often now. Matt definitely knew he was in trouble.

I'm still waiting to laugh at anything the comedian says or does. He's not funny, not like a clown, he doesn't amuse me, and he's not a puzzle-master.

Before Tribal I turned to my wife and said, "This guy (Bill) is the stand-up comedian right? Don't you have to be "funny" to do that job?"

Big win for the ladies however it kills me that they are still asking (and pretty much expecting) handouts. The men made it clear on day 1 (when the tattooed girl was injured during the challenge) that they were in this to win and "chivalry" was out the door, yet the women keep going over to the men’s camp expecting them to act chivalrous. Oh and it came as no surprise that Kat was the weakest during the memory challenge; she was just lucky Troyzan was worse! :wacko

Matt had that eviction coming all the way. You can't come off as "running the show" without at the same time being as charismatic as possible. I think Rob (and to a degree Coach) got that right by unifying their tribes first, then wielding the power second.

Matt "thought" he was running things and couldn't wait to mete out punishment to those he didn't care for. Colton "does" need to get it together that like it or not he is on the Manono tribe...

But Matt as much as he wanted to believe he was the Alpha Male, couldn't do some simple math that in order to be calling the shots, you have to have a majority of votes first. :rolleyes

Oh and Tarzan was hilarious being the first ever to ask if they could see the rest of the votes before going back to camp as well Jeff’s response of "No :rolleyes"! :lol

Kevin

The entitlement of the younger women was humiliating... not so much that they would ask for fire and to warm up, it doesn't hurt to ask, but to then resist offering anything in return and acting like the guys were wrong to even expect an exchange! Ugh.

Matt did everything that any other 'in charge' person has done, except one vital component; he had no charisma. Nobody felt connected to him personally so they didn't have any problem voting him out.

Agreed on the comedian being not funny.

Women everywhere should be embarrased by this game. Looks like these women came on the show figuring they'd sex up some guy to ride his coattails to the end of the game. But now that they're being left to their own devices... sad.

Oh and Tarzan was hilarious being the first ever to ask if they could see the rest of the votes before going back to camp as well Jeff’s response of "No :rolleyes"! :lol

Kevin

Yeah, I laughed at that. I also noticed this was the first time that during the credits, when people are showing thier votes, the two un-announced votes were not shown then either. They just showed them writting something.

One thing I have noticed in the last few episodes is that the little guy has yet to say a word that I have seen. They barely even show him at all. I don't even know what the guys name is.

I also noticed this was the first time that during the credits, when people are showing thier votes, the two un-announced votes were not shown then either. They just showed them writting something.

Yes, but in slo-mo you could clearly read the name one of them had written: Tarzan voting for Matt.

One thing I have noticed in the last few episodes is that the little guy has yet to say a word that I have seen. They barely even show him at all. I don't even know what the guys name is.

Yes, he's definitely getting 'shorted' on camera time.

The Wook

ps~that comedian is less funny than dane cook...and i didn't think that was possible.

Lief (the Short guy) is turning out to be my favorite on the show.

He's putting forth an effert, but keeping a low key appearence. With the way people are all getting worked up and making enemies, this could be the year for someone to sneak in and win the money.

I think the Women should thank Bill, not only for not being funny, but for not working that puzzle AT ALL!!! he wasn't wrong to work the way he did when they had the advantage, but there was no change when the women caught up.

I will give Bill Credit for directing the guys to the puzzle pieces, that seemed to be very smooth!

Nice to have the old format with two challenges and no Exile or Redemption.

Each time Salani is at tribal council I wonder when Jeff will figure the time is right to whip out a platter of peanut butter and chocolate bars to see who'll get naked for it.

They should take the million bucks and split it among the women.

None of the men deserve to win this game. Nothing they could do would make up for this blunder. Maybe it won't really hurt them, but what good did it do anybody except Colton?

Disgusting.

They should take the million bucks and split it among the women.

None of the men deserve to win this game. Nothing they could do would make up for this blunder. Maybe it won't really hurt them, but what good did it do anybody except Colton?

Disgusting.

I agree. Last nights episode made me want to puke. I think Colton just showed even more why he is one of the biggest scumbags to ever play the game. Russell was at least funny to watch. I could feel Bill's frustration when he refused to even talk with him about stuff. And tribal, wow. Just stupid and ignorant. And that every other member of that tribe is scared to cross him makes them all idiots. None of them deserve to win.
Honestly, I'm hoping Sabrina wins...I like her a lot. Or the ex NFL players wife ( I can't ever remember her name!) They both are good players in challenges and work around camp.

Colton is scum, He's not going to play the idol cause he's convinced he has the guys in his back pocket. They are FOOLS for following him like this. He's lazy, does nothing and lives by the threat of that idol.

Not that I can support the women either. Yes, they seem to be the better team, but damn, I am just so disappointed with this season now.

I can't understand why the guys are letting this little fat maggot run the show. I have watched every episode of this show since the beginning and have HATED a lot of players but this guy(gal?) may take the cake!!

I agree. Last nights episode made me want to puke. I think Colton just showed even more why he is one of the biggest scumbags to ever play the game. Russell was at least funny to watch. I could feel Bill's frustration when he refused to even talk with him about stuff. And tribal, wow. Just stupid and ignorant. And that every other member of that tribe is scared to cross him makes them all idiots. None of them deserve to win.

Nailed it. I don't even want to watch any more of the show until Colton is gone, and given what a bunch is sissies all the other guys are, it is likely that Colton is going to be around a long time. I am just appalled at how they all buckle to him so easily. He is easily one of the most disgusting personalities I have seen in the 6-7 seasons I have watched the show. No redeeming value what-so-ever.

Before last night, I thought the girls team were just a bunch of idiots.

...Now I think they're all idiots.

They need to vote Colton out ASAP. None of the guys stand up for themselves, and it's rediculous. They could have easily made the argument last night at tribal that the only reason they were there was because of Colton, and the argument would have been VERY simple. I honestly don't know why they gave up immunity. They could have just as easily waited until they lost a challenge and kicked someone out then.

And on a side note, when the men offered to use the women's net to catch fish...Why didn't they take them up on it? They could have essentially had free food with NO work. Idiots....

Stereotypical gay man.

Stereotypical pretty boy muscle bound men group.

Stereotypical redneck/oddmanout group.

Stereotypical strong women types that eat each other alive.

This season seems more contrived than most.

They should pick the next group blind, the only attribute should be the physical ability to compete. See how it works with a truly random group.

This thread is more than 11 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back