I seen your videos just need some kinda detentions on the spring ..... the hardware stores around my house they really have hundreds of springs and I don't wanna break it by jawing a spring that is too strong.
I cant remember for sire but it was a balance-- yoou just have to test it. Seems like I had one that I used and when completely compressed it had the right strength but was too long when comressed. So I cut it and then it didnt have the strength. Seems like I ended up ordering some online. Ill try to go back and see what I used.and repost.
As I remembered, there is a balance of strength and size-- Too much spring, you cant close it-- too little and it doesnt work. Also weight on the handle end of the spear is a factor. The more weight you have on the back end, the less spring force you need. Normally you want to open these vertically anyway. Horizontal doesnt work simply because of the weight of the shaft coming out counteracts the sliding motion and it stops.
Here is the latest couple I am working on-
I am just getting started on the sculpting on the sureline one.. I have the mechanism pretty much as good as its going to get. Also I have to make some resin covers for the metal blades on this one so it can be carried into the cons and such. I will make it cool for sure.
(video turns the right way when you start watching it!!!)