Supes CK andLL Press badge images from DK book

Probe Droid

Master Member
Sorry the quality of these is lousy, but my scanner is wonky, so I shot them with my digicam. You can still read the numbers, etc.

[IMAGE]http://img171.imageshack.us/img171/655/dsc00177ap.jpg[/IMAGE]
[IMAGE]http://img171.imageshack.us/img171/7033/llpresscard1ok.jpg[/IMAGE]

I thought I might try some of the Daily Planet covers, too. Anyone care about those?

I care....

Superman Returns was friggin great.

And that's all I have to say about that.

Dork Alert #1.

Clark's badge number ends in 1938.
Action Comics #1 was 1938.... pretty cool.

Dork Alert #2.

Shouldn't Clark's badge have a
HIGHER number than Lois Lane's?

I figure it's a new badge
and not the one he had before he left....

It could also be that the ID numbers are actually employee numbers, assigned when hired.

I would figure Lois gets the lower number because she was hired first (ie "Superman The Movie" 1978 et al)

If Clark was never fired or dismissed, they could have just given him his old number back when he returned.

BTW The Daily Planet must have pretty high turnover, there are 5,644 numbers separating the two badges. :lol

- k

Clark's number should be higher, even if he had never left,
Lois was already working at The Planet when Clark was hired.

Still cool, though.

I'd be interested.

(& doesn't 1 of our members here specialize in ID's? Jedipunk maybe? Maybe he can help as well)

.ss.

If someone can find bigger pictures of the faces, these will be really easy to do, let me know if you have a good source for these pictures, so I can make these badges ;)

I've got them pretty much finished - I'm actually doing a full-size Daily Planet Newspaper replica, so I already had the new DP Logo finished. I just need to get my hands on that book to scan the faces - unless anyone else could do it.... ;)

Chris

You really need to calibrate your scanner, the color is a bit off and check the "remove moire" box option if you have. Sorry to say, but all the scan sucks - I've tried my best to clean up, but the quality degrates dramatically...

@Probe Droid:
It's just about the impossibility to get rid of the moire. I'm not mad about you, don't worry. What about this? Is that close enough to the book?

@Chris: we should work together ;)

SRPre.png

Have yet to tweak the "Daily Planet" font, since I spent hours to find the exact font online, seems to be that it has been modified from a existing one. The barcode seems also to be a type unknown to me - no 3of9, no 2of5, 128, Fim or whatever it's there on the net.

This thread is more than 17 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back