Supernatural season 6!!

gobler

Sr Member
Stop if you have not seen it yet.

Holly cow! I loved the two last episodes and the tie in with my all time favorite author... ;)
I really hope they continue going this direction. I have been waiting for some one to do justice to H.P.L. My wife and I giggled like girls.... Well at least she is a girl.

Thoughts?

Jeff

I had mixed emotions about this season.

On one hand, I'm happy they've continued on because I love the characters; but I feel like once it left Kripke's control it lost a bit of it's original heart and soul.

Hopefully it can get it back for next season. Still enjoyed it though and it definately improved as the season went on.

Thought it was a great season. Glad to see more of the angel war and loved the ending of this season - really looking forward to next season.:cheers

I went into this season really questioning if they could make the show work after stopping the apocalypse but I've been pleasantly surprised. There haven't been any episodes that I can say really disappointed me.

I'm scratching my head as to where they're going to go with this after that cliffhanger but I trust them to do something interesting with it.

It was a fun season, I really loved the episode where they were transported to the universe where it's just a TV show, aka here.

(This could be a spoiler since casting issues do somewhat correlate with plot directions...)

The only thing that really, really sucks IMHO is that I read that Misha Collins isn't signed to be a series regular next season and Castiel is a character I'd really hate to not see at least once in a while. I don't know what that means aside from the fact that we won't see him as much next season. It's got to be a clue as to what they're going to do with him. With this show, killing him is definitely not outside the realm of possibility. They did it once before actually, as they have with more than a few of the cast :lol

(This part definitely has a few spoilers for folks that are behind...)

Makes me wonder if we're going to see another angel step in to help out Sam and Dean or if they'll be mostly angel-free. They've killed Gabriel, Balthazar, Rafael and of course Michael is stuck in the cage still. I think it's unlikely they're going to resurrect any of those.

This season is where the show lost its spirit for me. It's now in X-Files and Smallville territory, where the show is basically going through the motions. From all the funny episodes, killing characters off, and bringing in plot lines only to quickly conclude them when they really weren't going anywhere. Also, all of the look what we can do and reference episodes. The look of the show isn't spooky anymore either. The first 5 seasons are the classics to pick up now.

i'll definitely be tuning in next season....may turn my back on season 7 if Castiel remains cast as the "bad guy" for the season...it would be nice to have more standalone monster hunt episodes that aren't there to further the overall storyline

All in all I felt Season 6 was a little under par, but compared to Season 5 how could it stand up?

I can't wait to see where they take it next season, as for Cas I'm not overly concerned, he wasn't as visible this season as the 2 previous seasons but it was still good. No idea really where they can go with it but I'm sure they'll do it well. Sarah Gamble is doing a fine job considering she basically had to continue a series that had been written to conclusion at the finale of season 5.

All in all I felt Season 6 was a little under par, but compared to Season 5 how could it stand up?

I can't wait to see where they take it next season, as for Cas I'm not overly concerned, he wasn't as visible this season as the 2 previous seasons but it was still good. No idea really where they can go with it but I'm sure they'll do it well. Sarah Gamble is doing a fine job considering she basically had to continue a series that had been written to conclusion at the finale of season 5.

This is pretty much my feelings on it so I'll just quote. :)

This thread is more than 13 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back