Supernatural Angel Grace

WaywardJournal

Hi =)

I´m trying to make a replica of the angel grace from supernatural.
I already have very common glass vials and tried a few things for the content.

Does anyone have an idea what´s inside of the original props:

Found this pic on the net.

It looks like cotton wool, but that´s not working.
I tried angel hair (if that´s the right word for it) - it´s made out of fiberglass and I thought it would lead the light better, but still didn´t work out well...

Marina

it has to be cgi at some points when it goes into or out of the bottle. So I always figured the whole thing was cgi

Thank you for your answers =)

Yes in the show I also think it´s mostly CGI.
But in the photo above you see that the stuff inside is very shiny and leads the light very good. And I can´t figure out... That drives me crazy! ;D

Try polyfil. It’s used for pillows and cushions. Most commonly found in sets and crafts stores. We have Michaels, AC Moore and Hobby Lobby here. I’m not sure if there are equivalents in Germany.

I already tried filling wools you get here, I think that´s equal to polyfil. Quite same effect like the cotton wool I´m afraid =/
I´m going to check if polyfil is really different.
Thanks!

There’s a vendor on Etsy.com that sells angel grace. You might contact her and ask; I don’t know if she’ll share her secret. Good luck!

i would say the key is using polyfil surrounding a tiny frosted tube the size of straw that is directly fused to the LED. that way, the light from the LED shines outward from the tube, which would illuminate the polyfil evenly.

Thanks for all your answers! =)
I also think it´s some kind of polyfil. But I still didn´t get it to shine that well like in the prop pic...

This thread is more than 4 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back