Supernatural 1967 Impala Conversion

Found a great picture of the radio from last weeks episode:

View attachment 438159

good pic. I don't think I'll replicate cutting out the dash and then riveting back the 2 knob plate. I thought finding that old radio would be harder, but won an unopened package of an AV2000 on ebay. Going to have to use a cassette adapter to play from a mobile phone and only a left and right RCA output on back to amplify.

Sure, Dean can afford $25k for a 502 big block crate engine and new suspension, but not $200 for a decent head unit to listen to tunes driving across the country. ha. So unrealistic, otherwise the show is practically non-fiction.

Your blue Impala is almost too nice to repaint - Is that the original color?

That being said, I've always loved Dean's black 4 door - prob the only 4 door classic I would love to have. ;)

Can't wait to see the progress!

http://orlando.craigslist.org/cto/4871973510.html

Caprice, but looks like its in great shape to start a project.

Hello, everyone! I thought I should come in and say hi. I found this thread randomly through a search last week, ironically not long after my husband and I put down our deposit on this Caprice. He went down to Florida earlier this week to buy her (her name is Lola - because Mass Effect - and she just looks like a Lola to me), and she is on her way to Washington now. We've gleaned a lot of great info from this thread (thank you, everyone :)) and I'm sure we'll be coming back to it regularly as we start working on her.

We have a pretty long timeline since we don't have tons of free time to work on her (figure a year or so to get her mostly done) and have to clear out the 77 Triumph and parts car that my husband has graciously agreed to sell so we can work on Lola instead. Once she gets here I will post more photos of her starting condition (although she does already have a new battery since her old one didn't have enough cranking amps) but for now the best one is the one I have in my profile pic.

I know these cars are valuable, but those Tennessee specials are a bit what most people are looking for I would think.

But maybe the seller is easy to work with. There's a Caprice I've been looking at, great condition, just doesn't have a title. Not the end of the world if you live in Vermont or Georgia or something, but Ohio DMV basically makes it impossible to buy a title-less car. Though fun fact I did learn, anyone can register a car in Vermont, no need to be a resident, and you can do it all by mail.

Hello, everyone! I thought I should come in and say hi. I found this thread randomly through a search last week, ironically not long after my husband and I put down our deposit on this Caprice. He went down to Florida earlier this week to buy her (her name is Lola - because Mass Effect - and she just looks like a Lola to me), and she is on her way to Washington now. We've gleaned a lot of great info from this thread (thank you, everyone :)) and I'm sure we'll be coming back to it regularly as we start working on her.

We have a pretty long timeline since we don't have tons of free time to work on her (figure a year or so to get her mostly done) and have to clear out the 77 Triumph and parts car that my husband has graciously agreed to sell so we can work on Lola instead. Once she gets here I will post more photos of her starting condition (although she does already have a new battery since her old one didn't have enough cranking amps) but for now the best one is the one I have in my profile pic.

If I may ask- what was the final price? And congratulations on the purchase!

If I may ask- what was the final price? And congratulations on the purchase!
Thank you. It was $9500, which we were good with since we don't have the time to put into one that needs a lot of work. She has factory a/c, so that helped too. The previous owner had her painted and reupholstered last year, so even though we'll change all that eventually we'll probably start with the bumper/taillights/wiring harness first.

Last edited:
Hi, my name is Dennis and after looking for a long time had finally found a nice 67 4 door Impala in Canada and had it shipped to the Netherlands.
Next plans are to convert it to a Supernatural car, although at the moment I'm upgrading the original powerglide to 700R4 4 speed with overdrive and a modern steering box to improve handling. Hope to have the car painted this summer as well. I was lucky to buy the car with both front and rear nos bumper guards and corner lights and installed them on it. Still thinking about adding the spotlights too.
here are some pictures....

greetings and nice thread full of info :cool

all you guys here that have a car from the show i started a group on facebook "Supernatural Metallicars Club" if you wanna add that be cool would like to see how many cars are out there

Last edited by a moderator:
kjsimpala, I'm not exactly sure which carpet but think it's 80/20 loop. Z28, I tried looking you're page up using search on Facebook yet cannot find it.

Last edited by a moderator:
It should be on facebook, I just checked and if you type it in the search engine it should work. The icon for it is a skull

Hello everyone! Newbie here, and I just have one word to say about this thread....."inspirational"! I'm looking into buying an Impala for conversion! There is a wealth of knowledge here, and I just wanted to say thanks!

Got a little quiet in here? Anyone have any updates? I'm getting ready to paint door panels, head liner, etc. and have car painted this month. Thought about leaving carpet and dash black, everything else lgt buckskin for a different look. Have the floor mat and like the contrast. Wouldn't be hard to change carpet and dash later. Any thoughts?

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back