Superman v. Hulk!

First off, that was really cool :thumbsup
Second, me and my geek friends always have this discussion:
The Hulk, Superman and Captain Marvel. In a fight who would remain standing?

The Hulk would be the first out. Pick him up and throw him into space.
Superman would be the second out because he can't fight against magic.
Leaving of course, Captain Marvel.

Just out of curiosity, where does Wonder Woman fit in the mix? I do not follow DC comics very closely, but I understood WW to be "magical" as well.

Pre-52 Wonder Woman was near Superman levels in terms of speed and strength, though not quite as invulnerable (excellent against concussion, but arrows and bullets could still pierce her, hence the bracelets). The concensus is that even though Superman is more powerful (by a small margin) she's a highly skilled fighter and could take him out. Batman certainly thought she could take out Supes and once noted "Who's faster ? Ussain Bolt or Bruce Lee ?"

The Hulk would crush the Man Of Steel. Superman is my homeboy, but I see him tiring out long before the Hulk. The Hulk is pure rage. It would be just like in that one comic where Stark and team dumped Hulk on that ghetto world and he came back and had his way with everyone. Yeah, like that.
you forget that supes could just run circles around the hulk, draining the air and making him suffocate, or throw him into space. supermans options are vastly greater than hulks

Do you people realize just how much eye rolling I would have to endure if I told the wife I was reading a thread with the proverbial 'which superhero could beat up which superhero' argument?

hulk.jpg

Game over, Man. Game over.

;)

I once had a debate with a buddy that at optimum power Iceman could defeat the Hulk. My idea was that since the Hulk is a mutated human, but still a carbon based lifeform he should still be susceptible to extreme cold. Iceman flash-freezes all the water molecules in the Hulk and done. Hulk slushy. My buddy didn't agree with me.

Nice vid, can't wait to see part three.

Couple counter arguments:

Captain Marvel/Shazam doesn't auto-win against Supes, Cap Marvel is powered by magic but his punches are not themselves magic, which means they don't bypass Superman's invunerability any more than Doomsday's or Darkseid's punches. The fight would be mostly even.

Iceman would easily beat Hulk, he's an Omega level mutant and could turn Hulk into a popsicle. Even if Hulk destroyed Iceman's original body, Iceman would likely survive via an ice clone.

Nice vid, can't wait to see part three.

Couple counter arguments:

Captain Marvel/Shazam doesn't auto-win against Supes, Cap Marvel is powered by magic but his punches are not themselves magic, which means they don't bypass Superman's invunerability any more than Doomsday's or Darkseid's punches. The fight would be mostly even.

Ah, but Captain Marvel has control over the magic lightning bolts ala Kingdom Come, no?

True. I think to really be able make a call on who would win we'd have to define Superman's limits since his power level has been very inconsistent over the years. I mean on one hand you have a have a guy who can't fly (early golden age, "leaps tall building in a single bound") and on the other, a guy who can throw planets around and reverse time by going really fast. :lol

I'm gona throw the Sentry into the ring. I think toe too toe, Sentry squeaks out a win. Supes has flown near the sun. Sentry tried to kill himself by fly'n into it and did not work. Also says the frak'er can fly faster then the speed of light. Super can stay in space for a good amount of time. Sentry could live there.

also, i havent put in consideration someone like professor charles xavier. he could basicly manipulate all of them into thinking they are 5 year old girls, or jump off a cliff, spear themselves with kryptonite etc

oh what fun it would be if disney bought dc comics, and they merge the universes to one.

What bout Thor? Was he simply holding back all along. Could Thor have beaten Hulk AND Superman?!

Verily

Thor is a God so I think it would go Superman's way until he PO'd Thor then it would get...ugly.

Dr. Manhattan? ***** he'd turn Superman inside out,literally,and then make him go kersplooy it'd almost be like an adult swatting an unruly kid down :behave

Hulk? well now....depends on which one you speak of? the rage machine might get his arse handed to him,but the version where he's strong and smart? that would be interesting.

I'm gona throw the Sentry into the ring. I think toe too toe, Sentry squeaks out a win. Supes has flown near the sun. Sentry tried to kill himself by fly'n into it and did not work. Also says the frak'er can fly faster then the speed of light. Super can stay in space for a good amount of time. Sentry could live there.

Superman's powers are derived from our sun, so he'd just get powered up more with more exposure if he went into sun. That's what happened in All Star isn't it (nevermind the fatal exposure bit). And are we talking Sentry on his meds or off his meds?

Willing to kill, Superman beats Hulk. Toss him into space, or dive bomb him from orbit. Mass x acceleration = flattened Hulk. Not willing to kill Supes just flies up until Hulk passes out, still wins.

I want to know if Superman can accelerate fast enough to land a hit on someone wielding kryptonite before he loses his powers or the pain sets in. If he can I don't see how anyone that isn't magical beats him in a fight to the death.

Superman's powers are derived from our sun, so he'd just get powered up more with more exposure if he went into sun. That's what happened in All Star isn't it (nevermind the fatal exposure bit). And are we talking Sentry on his meds or off his meds?

Willing to kill, Superman beats Hulk. Toss him into space, or dive bomb him from orbit. Mass x acceleration = flattened Hulk. Not willing to kill Supes just flies up until Hulk passes out, still wins.

I want to know if Superman can accelerate fast enough to land a hit on someone wielding kryptonite before he loses his powers or the pain sets in. If he can I don't see how anyone that isn't magical beats him in a fight to the death.

Do some reading on the moderen ver of Sentry and his altar The void. Sentry has same kind of matter/molecule manipulation that Dr. Manhattan has. Just a thought could turn super inside out and be just a red and blue smudge on the ground.

Also, his powers may trace back to the christian God in origin. Sentry had died a few times now, even when he flew into the center of the sun. After complete destruction, he was back to life in seconds from nothingness.

Super can not kill what can not be killed.

Super can not kill what can not be killed.

I don't know about this other character you mention, but to beat someone you don't have to kill them. Just disable them, or put them in a situation they can't escape. Like Superman throwing the guy into the gravity well of Jupiter. He'll drop down into the gas and can die and regenerate all he wants, but can he get away from the planet or is he effectively trapped forever?

This thread is more than 10 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back