Superman v. Hulk!

Discussion in 'Entertainment and Movie Talk' started by Qui-Gonzalez, Mar 5, 2012.

1. Qui-Gonzalez

Qui-Gonzalez Master Member

I hated how this fight went down in the crossover. Doomsday is basically DC's answer to the Hulk. An old member shared this video on Facebook, so I thought I would drop it here. The models on this are very well done...and it is done on a HOME PC.

Superman Vs Hulk - Part II

2. .:MirrorminD:.

.:MirrorminD:. Sr Member

It was decent but I think the term "home pc" is used loosely. Created on an Intel i7-990X hex core 24 GB RAM, and and i7-920 quad core 12 GB RAM.. I would imagine most people dont have that in their home.

I produce music and I only have 8GB of RAM on my machine.

Last edited: Mar 5, 2012
  3. Supa troop

Supa troop Sr Member RPF PREMIUM MEMBER

having not seen this before thanks for sharing :thumbsup

4. EyeofSauron

EyeofSauron Master Member

well, first off the animation is fantastic. still looks better than the bana hulk :D and the reeve superman is dead on.
    secondly, i think the sound effects are lacking. close to no impact on the hits (i know in rl they dont sound like the movies, but this is a movie)
    thirdly, i think there is no question about who would win this battle. i dont think the hulk could even keep up with superman.
    hulk has monster strength, and high endurance, but what else. superman has all that, plus strategic thinking, super speed, flight etc.

there is no way the hulk could win this battle in my eyes

5. Sundowner

Sundowner Master Member RPF PREMIUM MEMBER

I like the christopher reeves Superman

6. CaptainSuperman

CaptainSuperman Well-Known Member

These are great!

7. Omnedon

Omnedon New Member

Amazing! Thank you for sharing!

8. darthwhitey

darthwhitey Sr Member RPF PREMIUM MEMBER

This was surprisingly cool!

9. Funky

Funky Master Member RPF PREMIUM MEMBER

First off, that was really cool :thumbsup
    Second, me and my geek friends always have this discussion:
    The Hulk, Superman and Captain Marvel. In a fight who would remain standing?

The Hulk would be the first out. Pick him up and throw him into space.
    Superman would be the second out because he can't fight against magic.
    Leaving of course, Captain Marvel.

10. JD

JD Master Member

Ugh. If they must do Christopher Reeve, they should have to make the Hulk look like Lou Ferrigno as well.

Reeve was 30 years ago.

11. Kerr Avon

Kerr Avon Master Member

And STILL THE Superman as far as many people are concerned.

12. dbuck

dbuck Sr Member RPF PREMIUM MEMBER

The best part of that video was how well they captured Reeves look.

13. Nexus6

Nexus6 Sr Member RPF PREMIUM MEMBER

I can't find any issues with ^this^ logic. :thumbsup

14. Rotwang

Rotwang Sr Member

Generally speaking Marvel characters are nowhere near the top tier of DC characters. Hulk held up a mountain in Secret Wars, Superman moves entire planets. Quicksilver is the fastest in Marvel, but Flash makes it look like he's standing still etc ... Marvel's characters tend to be a bit more realistic when it comes to superpowers.

Depending on which version of Superman it can get ugly pretty quickly. The Golden Age version was so overpowered it wasn't funny anymore. Super-Speed is usually the golden bullet in most fights.

Hulk has near unlimited potential, get him angry enough and he might just be able to knock Superman's head off, problem it take a while for him to warm up. World War Hulk and World Breaker Hulk are beasts, but still not quite Supes league yet.

Captain Marvel is the "Mightiest Mortal" so he should have an edge on Superman, though in some versions Superman does not age, or his aging slows down with time.

15. infymys

infymys Sr Member

You may call him Shazam now. Or a super powered Ezio Auditore.

16. Sigma-LS

Sigma-LS Sr Member

17. Qui-Gonzalez

Qui-Gonzalez Master Member

Lou is NOT what I consider to be the Hulk. Yeah, I am old enough to have enjoyed the TV show but I have always found that version of the Hulk weak and lacking. THE Hulk was nigh on invulnerable and the TV version was just...weak. I remember him getting shot and wounded. That is NOT Hulk.

18. JD

JD Master Member

That was the Hulk until he became much more powerful in the 80s.

I don't get why everyone is stuck on Reeve... but, that's another post for another topic. I grew up with those movies, too - but, he wasn't my Superman then and he sure isn't now.

If you're going use the 70s movie incarnation of Superman, you should have to use the 70s TV incarnation of the Hulk. Just saying...

19. drakeprimeone

drakeprimeone Well-Known Member

Superman superman superman, no other answer but superman. The only reason why hulk got as mad (strong) as he did in ww hulk was because his wife was killed. Also flight and the ability to exist in space gives the edge to superman.

20. MooCriket

MooCriket Master Member

The Hulk would crush the Man Of Steel. Superman is my homeboy, but I see him tiring out long before the Hulk. The Hulk is pure rage. It would be just like in that one comic where Stark and team dumped Hulk on that ghetto world and he came back and had his way with everyone. Yeah, like that.

21. Omnedon

Omnedon New Member

Just out of curiosity, where does Wonder Woman fit in the mix? I do not follow DC comics very closely, but I understood WW to be "magical" as well.

22. Rotwang

Rotwang Sr Member

Pre-52 Wonder Woman was near Superman levels in terms of speed and strength, though not quite as invulnerable (excellent against concussion, but arrows and bullets could still pierce her, hence the bracelets). The concensus is that even though Superman is more powerful (by a small margin) she's a highly skilled fighter and could take him out. Batman certainly thought she could take out Supes and once noted "Who's faster ? Ussain Bolt or Bruce Lee ?"

23. EyeofSauron

you forget that supes could just run circles around the hulk, draining the air and making him suffocate, or throw him into space. supermans options are vastly greater than hulks

24. dbuck

dbuck Sr Member RPF PREMIUM MEMBER

Do you people realize just how much eye rolling I would have to endure if I told the wife I was reading a thread with the proverbial 'which superhero could beat up which superhero' argument?

25. MooCriket

MooCriket Master Member

[​IMG]
    Game over, Man. Game over.

;)

26. MooCriket

MooCriket Master Member

[​IMG]
    What bout Thor? Was he simply holding back all along. Could Thor have beaten Hulk AND Superman?!

Verily

27. Paul Andrew

Paul Andrew Sr Member

I once had a debate with a buddy that at optimum power Iceman could defeat the Hulk. My idea was that since the Hulk is a mutated human, but still a carbon based lifeform he should still be susceptible to extreme cold. Iceman flash-freezes all the water molecules in the Hulk and done. Hulk slushy. My buddy didn't agree with me.

28. leafman

leafman Well-Known Member

Nice vid, can't wait to see part three.

Couple counter arguments:

Captain Marvel/Shazam doesn't auto-win against Supes, Cap Marvel is powered by magic but his punches are not themselves magic, which means they don't bypass Superman's invunerability any more than Doomsday's or Darkseid's punches. The fight would be mostly even.

Iceman would easily beat Hulk, he's an Omega level mutant and could turn Hulk into a popsicle. Even if Hulk destroyed Iceman's original body, Iceman would likely survive via an ice clone.

29. Funky

Funky Master Member RPF PREMIUM MEMBER

Ah, but Captain Marvel has control over the magic lightning bolts ala Kingdom Come, no?

30. leafman

leafman Well-Known Member

True. I think to really be able make a call on who would win we'd have to define Superman's limits since his power level has been very inconsistent over the years. I mean on one hand you have a have a guy who can't fly (early golden age, "leaps tall building in a single bound") and on the other, a guy who can throw planets around and reverse time by going really fast. :lol

31. Kal

Kal Well-Known Member

I'm gona throw the Sentry into the ring. I think toe too toe, Sentry squeaks out a win. Supes has flown near the sun. Sentry tried to kill himself by fly'n into it and did not work. Also says the frak'er can fly faster then the speed of light. Super can stay in space for a good amount of time. Sentry could live there.

32. EyeofSauron

what about dr manhattan?

33. Kal

Kal Well-Known Member

Oooo good call. I think the Dr. would take the win. Shares some abilities with the Sentry too.

34. Papa Darth

Papa Darth New Member

May as well throw Cosmic Spidey into the mix. I know it was only for a short time but he manhandled the Hulk.

35. EyeofSauron

also, i havent put in consideration someone like professor charles xavier. he could basicly manipulate all of them into thinking they are 5 year old girls, or jump off a cliff, spear themselves with kryptonite etc

oh what fun it would be if disney bought dc comics, and they merge the universes to one.

36. Paul Andrew

Paul Andrew Sr Member

:behave

37. Krull

Krull Sr Member

Thor is a God so I think it would go Superman's way until he PO'd Thor then it would get...ugly.

Dr. Manhattan? Jesus he'd turn Superman inside out,literally,and then make him go kersplooy it'd almost be like an adult swatting an unruly kid down :behave

Hulk? well now....depends on which one you speak of? the rage machine might get his * handed to him,but the version where he's strong and smart? that would be interesting.

38. DuneMuadDib

DuneMuadDib Sr Member

Superman's powers are derived from our sun, so he'd just get powered up more with more exposure if he went into sun. That's what happened in All Star isn't it (nevermind the fatal exposure bit). And are we talking Sentry on his meds or off his meds?

Willing to kill, Superman beats Hulk. Toss him into space, or dive bomb him from orbit. Mass x acceleration = flattened Hulk. Not willing to kill Supes just flies up until Hulk passes out, still wins.

I want to know if Superman can accelerate fast enough to land a hit on someone wielding kryptonite before he loses his powers or the pain sets in. If he can I don't see how anyone that isn't magical beats him in a fight to the death.

39. Kal

Kal Well-Known Member

Do some reading on the moderen ver of Sentry and his altar The void. Sentry has same kind of matter/molecule manipulation that Dr. Manhattan has. Just a thought could turn super inside out and be just a red and blue smudge on the ground.

Also, his powers may trace back to the christian God in origin. Sentry had died a few times now, even when he flew into the center of the sun. After complete destruction, he was back to life in seconds from nothingness.

Super can not kill what can not be killed.

40. Kerr Avon

Kerr Avon Master Member

I don't know about this other character you mention, but to beat someone you don't have to kill them. Just disable them, or put them in a situation they can't escape. Like Superman throwing the guy into the gravity well of Jupiter. He'll drop down into the gas and can die and regenerate all he wants, but can he get away from the planet or is he effectively trapped forever?

41. Kal

Kal Well-Known Member

from what they make Sentry out to be, this would not matter much. He can teleport. Can not get stuck in a gravity well if you telaport away. They add on and right his powers in a way that is like an FU to dc and superman. Sentry can also control light, could block out the sun. Or even form it to a red sun. Then bye bye supermans powers. As the void, he can tear supers mind apart. Professor X (an omega class mutant) could not stop the voids mental attacks.

Read the newer info http://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Sentry_(Robert_Reynolds)

Last edited: Mar 8, 2012
  42. Kerr Avon

Kerr Avon Master Member

Superman would just send him to the Phantom Zone then. :lol

43. Mr Walker

Mr Walker Active Member

It says the video is private. Can't view it. :(

44. payton paison

payton paison Well-Known Member

Beyonder 3:16 says he just whipped your ***! :lol

45. payton paison

payton paison Well-Known Member