SUPERMAN RETURNS VILIAN A SENITIENT?

TMP

Sr Member
I came over these photos over a year ago.. I was first told a connection to X-man 3... But i doubted it. I now saw the Superman Returns game spoiler. And i now belive this costume/ sculpt belongs to the Superman Movie.. The same guy who made X-men made Superman Returns. This scuplt was said to be a SENTIENT.. Give me your thoughts or if anyone have info please share.

1146459455088_Xmen3_Sentient03.jpg

1144387508888_Xmen3_Sentient02.jpg

1143771666705_Xmen3_Sentient01.jpg

I believe that's a concept sentinel from X-Men 2. They would have been too expensive to include and were abandoned.

-Mike

Yup, that is the unused concept Sentinel from X2.

Can't view the vid, so cannot comment on whether it is used in Superman... though... I wonder why it would.?

The reason why i wounder there is a connection is because the Sculpt you seen is almost the person inside the Metallo Monster in Superman Returns.
Also the maker of X-men is the SAME Person that made Superman.
Could it be that some thought this was for X-men 2 but in fact it was for superman.

And why a Senitiel in X-men 2 .. It did not have room for that in the X-men 2 story.. It does not fit in..

Also the Metallo Monster in Superman Returns looks like this sculpt.. With a Center Oval Shape on the chest. The construction is very similar. But more striking is the person controlling the Metallo monster. He is stitting inside the monsters chest behind a Green ovel glass.

As far as the movie.
If you did not se the movie then maybe you did not wait long enought it is a 32 mb download and it takes some time. Just grab a coffy or sit down on the toilet and read a paper for some while and maybe after your done you have a movie flick to watch :D

Actually other than both being robotic creatures of some sort, they don't really match up that well at all. Not that this thing couldn't have evolved into that (production wise)...

Just got this from a reliable source:

That's a model for Singer's Sentinels back when he was on XMen. It's not in SR, though it does sort of very loosely resemble the Metallo in the video game.

So although it's NOT in the movie, you're right in thinking that it does resemble
the game character "Metallo" (which I haven't seen yet).

*ss*

Originally posted by TMP+Apr 17 2006, 05:51 PM--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(TMP @ Apr 17 2006, 05:51 PM)</div>
Could it be that some thought this was for X-men 2 but in fact it was for superman.
And why a Senitiel in X-men 2 .. It did not have room for that in the X-men 2 story.. It does not fit in..
[snapback]1227845[/snapback]​
[/b]
There were a lot of stuff that was thought of in pre-production that never made it into the X2 movie, such as the Danger Room, the Sentinels, Beast and many many other stuff.

They showed a conceptual drawing of the Sentinel in the X2 extra features section. I will see if I can find it and perhaps make a screen cap of it and post it here. It looks exactly like the sculpt shown above, as far as I remember.

<!--QuoteBegin-TMP
@Apr 17 2006, 05:51 PM
As far as the movie.
If you did not se the movie then maybe you did not wait long enought it is a 32 mb download and it takes some time. Just grab a coffy or sit down on the toilet and read a paper for some while and maybe after your done you have a movie flick to watch :D
Sorry. My computer is F-ed up. I've tried getting it to play the file, but it refuses. I can't figure out what's wrong and I have downloaded and installed several codec packs but have never been able to play all files, no matter what I try.

But it's interesting that design ideas is carried over from one movie to the next.

AUGHH. There's no such word as "Sentinents" or "Senitient". It's Sentinel. Easy. Simple. There's also the word "sentient" which means you are self-aware, and capable of emotional reasoning.

And they are from Xmen, not Superman. Looks butt-ugly, though.

-E

THANK you. I thought my brain was going to explode if I had to read "Sentinent" one more time.

Originally posted by TMP@Apr 17 2006, 04:51 PM
The reason why i wounder there is a connection is because the Sculpt you seen is almost the person inside the Metallo Monster in Superman Returns.
Also the maker of X-men is the SAME Person that made Superman.

Also the Metallo Monster in Superman Returns looks like this sculpt.. With a Center Oval Shape on the chest. The construction is very similar. But more striking is the person controlling the Metallo monster. He is stitting inside the monsters chest behind a Green ovel glass.

As far as the movie.
Actually I'm 99% sure that is a Sentinel from X2, I've seen the concepts for them, looks just like one of them.

Originally posted by TMP@Apr 17 2006, 03:51 PM

it doesnt fit in the story you saw, because its a concept which was thrown out early and not in the final script, you can see prepro sketches of it in the special features of x2
if they got the money to do it they would have sentinels planned and would write it to fit them in the story,

its not rocket science :rolleyes

superman wise.......all the stuff in the game wont be in the movie, like most movie adaptations games their going to add alot more villians for you to fight, the stuff you see in the game captures, wont all be in the movie, so dont count on seeing supes fight a giant robot just because its in the game,

This thread is more than 18 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back