Superman Returns prop

gusw666

Hey guys, i saw this prop, and got me crazy, tonight, ill start working on it.

I wanted to ask you, if by any chance any of you could help me with the information that reads in the note, cause i have no clue on where to get it.

I have all of the fonts, pic, and daily planet logo, the only thing missing its the information.

Here it is:

"UPDATE" 07/19:

Guys, i need some extra help with the right hand side rows, and the bottom one under the pic on the right hand side, any help will come handy, and the file will be shared with the helping hands, thank you all................
(forget about the DAILY PLANET fonts, cause those are for refference for now.

**UPDATE** 07/20

Well, thx to the information provided by Steve Kirk i was able to pull it out in the right way, by saturday noon the prop will be made, tomorrow ill not have time to cointinue with it, cause ill be out to see pirates of the caribean, so please understand.

Any help with that may come handy.

*** UPDATE 07/24***

Well, almos done, i think, hehe, last stop its to change the font to Gothic 13 on the headline, and add the top information that was provided.

Any coments will come handy, the file its still open as photoshop, so before i close it, please let me know if you think that i still need to do some changes.

Well, thank you all, and ill keep you posted tomorro.

Cya

Gus

***UPDATE*** 07/28

Almost done, guys please coments so i can finish it and print it:

Oka, thx to everybody that helped me.

Gus

Gus Weber

You've got the font? Can you share it with me, cause I'm working my ass off, tweaking a close one for the Reporter ID Pass from Returns...

Hm... if that's the best photo you have, you may need to "make it up."

It's frustrating, because you can ALMOST read it.. the first paragraph is something like, "It has been ? months since a new sighting of Superman has been reported..."

BTW this is the news page I was talking about in my review, where even tho it shows the "pre-departure" Superman, he's wearing the new outfit... :rolleyes

This is the best I could do to enhance it...

supermanwherehashegoneenhan.jpg

Wait up, stop the presses... :D

That news page (as well as "LUTHOR GETS LIFE") is printed "clean" on page 85 of the book, "The Art of Superman Returns"...

- k

<div class='quotetop'></div>
"where even tho it shows the "pre-departure" Superman, he's wearing the new outfit..."[/b]

Why would they show the Reeve suit, when this one is supposed to be "the suit"?
He didn't make a new one, nor were they going to use anything not associated with Routh and the look for this film.
Which makes sense.

As for the paper, it would be a very cool paper prop to have printed up on newsprint.
Although I doubt we will be able to pick up the full body text unless someone has access to the prop itself....

First paragraph (as best I can make it out):

It has been two months since any sighting of Superman has been reported and concerns have arisen amongst the general public of Metropolis—where has he gone.

I have access to a larger version of the pic. Care to barter a couple of copies of the finished product for my transcription service? :D

Heres' the 1st 2 paragraphs

Lois Lane
cern has arisen amongst the
general public of Metropo-
lis - where has he gone?

Gone are the days when
a familiar comfort was felt at
the flashes of red and blue in
the high sky above, protecting
us from the evils of todayÂ’s so-
ciety. After such a long period
in which we could leave our
windows unlocked at night,
and our children could safely
play on the streets, a cloud of
gloom and apprehension has
descended over the city like an
invisible blanket.

Doggone it Superman. Where are you??? :D

Steve

Actually, when all the reporters are gathered around in Perry's office at the Planet, one of the questions Perry asks is "Is that a new suit?"

This implied (to me at least) that they WERE suggesting the suit had changed.

Chris

<div class='quotetop'>(Lukes Roommate @ Jul 18 2006, 04:56 PM) [snapback]1283160[/snapback]</div>
<div class='quotetop'>
"where even tho it shows the "pre-departure" Superman, he's wearing the new outfit..."[/b]

Why would they show the Reeve suit, when this one is supposed to be "the suit"?
He didn't make a new one, nor were they going to use anything not associated with Routh and the look for this film.
Which makes sense.

As for the paper, it would be a very cool paper prop to have printed up on newsprint.
Although I doubt we will be able to pick up the full body text unless someone has access to the prop itself....
[/b][/quote]

<div class='quotetop'>(cking @ Jul 18 2006, 03:47 PM) [snapback]1283405[/snapback]</div>
Actually, when all the reporters are gathered around in Perry's office at the Planet, one of the questions Perry asks is "Is that a new suit?"

This implied (to me at least) that they WERE suggesting the suit had changed.
[/b]
Except that the Donner film was used as a "vague history", and not a concrete past for Returns. A deleted scene mentioned a certain Kryptonian named Zod from Superman II, and Superman had not heard of him, yet Luthor obviously had been at the Fortress of Solitude before, an event from the second Superman film as well

They pretty much just picked whatever elements they wanted to retain, and threw out anything else

What, did you want a pic of Cristopher Reeve on the Daily Planet's front page? ;)

What would be the ballpark for a completed paper?

I have the Superman Returns Visual Guide and it does say "The outfit has changed slightly during Superman's career, but remains an iconic symbol of heroism, strength, and sacrifice"...

To me that explains the different suit :D

YenChih Lin ill share it with you, pm me your email address.

phase pistol, thank you very much for the enhancement of the pic.

phase pistol, again, if you get your hand on one of those books, please scan it and send it to me so i can finish it.

Lukes Roommate, i agree and not with you, cause ill love to see the reeve outfit on this new fellow, but it makes sence to ware the new one.

darthwhitey, thank you for your coments.

Probe Droid, thank you for your help...

Kal-ElofKrypton, i could not agree more.

ROTSAnakin, thank you.

misterfusion, thank you very much for your help, and if you can add the rest of the lines, ill be more than happy, and no worries, i will give you the file with the finished version.

cking, you are right.

Neon Sentry, agree with you.

propsculptor, thx for the info.

And now, the follow up, i started with the first draft now, tomorrow ill post the preview.

Thank you for all of your help, and if you can add more info, ill be more than welcome.

Cya

Gus

Regards the issue of the "new suit", yeah well the guy went TO KRYPTON and all... and all he brought back was this lousy T-shirt. :unsure

But yeah, I definitely "want to believe" that the SR suit is something he "invented" recently, and that Perry's line "is that a new suit" indicates that Perry thought it looked different.

And no I wouldn't want to see a still of Reeve on the pre-departure paper, but they could easily have chosen an image of the Routh Superman taking off, motion blurred, which would have made the costume less evident. And would have better illustrated the story, come to think of it. :lol

As to scanning the pic, sure, glad to do it, but unfortunately I am OFF right this minute to Comic Con, and won't get a chance to do it till next week. If you still need it by then shoot me a PM and I'll see what I can do.

- k

I do would suggest using Adobe Illustrator to make the page, as Photoshop is not really great for text as Illustrator is.

Great start already tough.

This thread is more than 17 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back