superman returns - prop questions/spoilers ahoy!

hydin

Master Member
RPF PREMIUM MEMBER
ill keep the spoilers general since a: one of the toys has one of the items i am asking about, and b: i dont want to ruin the movie for someone. theres an official "spoil the crap out of yourself" thread in the OT.

my questions are this :
1: is anyone going to make the set of crystals from the movie? if so, let me know by god.

2: is anyone planning to make the round kryptonite cylinder from the movie? (this is the toy one i mentioned)

i have a semi lead on the crystal from the movie, and by semi lead i mean theres a better chance of paris hilton showing up to my house sober to help me clean than there is of me actually getting this guy i want to make a replica of that crystal.

just wanted to lob the question out there. i wonder why DC direct went with the kryptonite prop instead of the crystal one? why not both?

meh, anywho, if someone finds out about the crystals being made or any info about them, please drop me a note.

thanks.
chris

The Superman Returns: The Visual Guide by DK has some good pix of the kryptonite, the casing, Lois & Clark's press badges, Daily Planet covers and some costume shots. Hardcover book is only $18. Not bad.

i think the shard piece that pops out of the center of the replica is taken from the movie piece. the other parts (i think) are just an interesting looking "base" for it to be shown with.

chris

I think you are correct. I look and its just like you said. I'd still be interested in it. I know the DC Direct one is exspensive, I'd just rather have a screen acturate shard by it self.

I have photos of it from a long time ago. I can post them if people would like to see.

I wouldn't mind having one of Lex's cigars to display....any one know what brand cigar he used towards the end of the film? Also, that cigar cutter looked pretty cool...

These ones?

[attachmentid=8911]
[attachmentid=8912]
[attachmentid=8913]

I just got the DC direct kryptonite this week. The center crystal is removable and is closely modeled after this piece. There are some differences, but they did a pretty good job. I would post pictures, but my camera is packed because I'm flying to Atlanta in the morning. I'll try to get some when I get back on the 15th.

toyrus-ny5.jpg

kt_crystal01_NYTRU_061206.jpg

kt_crystal02_NYTRU_061206.jpg

kt_kryptonite01_NYTRU_061.jpg

We got some pretty good pics of the crystals so far. Hopefully someone can replicate them for a price. I know I would be interested. :love

This thread is more than 17 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back