Superman Returns Milliskin source!

propsculptor

Sr Member
RPF PREMIUM MEMBER
For those that are trying to accuratly replicate the Superman Returns Costume I found this source while Browsing the web:
http://www.spandexhouse.com/products.asp?p...atte%20(Tricot)

inside-superman.jpg

From their Color Chart, the Periwinkle looks to be the closest colormatch to the real thing.

I don't know for Superman Returns if they did it the same way as the Original Superman Movie Suit
and turned the shiney fabric inside out, but the Milliskin Shiny Periwinkle looks really close:
Mh-625.jpg

Here is how different the Milliskin Matte Periwinkle looks (It could be bad lighting):
MMate-026.jpg

VERY intestesting...Superman5..any comments on the color ?

Does anyone have a pic of the mall superman for comparison ?

This is from the page of one of our own member's collection (Cptnchaos):
(Cptnchaos if you want the pic removed let me know)
DSCF0031.JPG

And here is the color I think matches...or at lease the other side that isn't shiney...
MMate-026.jpg

I'm sorry, I realize that my last post sounds arrogant, wasn't my intention. ;)
BTW I think you're right about the "reverse" shiny periwinkle milliskin...

No worries, I didn't take it as arrogant, I just took it as your letting us all know
it was already discovered earlier.

So you get the credit for finding it, if you want it :)

<div class='quotetop'>(Ramiel @ Jul 13 2006, 08:44 AM) [snapback]1280014[/snapback]</div>
I'm sorry, I realize that my last post sounds arrogant, wasn't my intention. ;)
BTW I think you're right about the "reverse" shiny periwinkle milliskin...
[/b]

Anyone know the size of the Little Diamonds on Superman's Costume??
(The Blue part)

It would be on one of those Cards like this one:
87_12.JPG

The thing about this stuff is it is so thin that it rips very easily, and you can literally see the impression of a mole perfectly while this stuff is on you, it explains it all in this article. Which is why the muscle suit had to be thin also because if the muscle suit was too thick, etc you could tell right off the back that he had one on.

In the scene at the almost end where he is crawling on that rocky surface, they had to make the rocky surface from latex, I think, just to make sure the suit didn't tear, even then they still went through like three suits while filming that scene.

I read that article too, it was very interesting, I know the Spandex they used for Superman the movie had less problems, they were mostly worried about the Sweat marks on his armpits.

<div class='quotetop'>(LogansRunner @ Jul 20 2006, 05:29 PM) [snapback]1284804[/snapback]</div>
The thing about this stuff is it is so thin that it rips very easily, and you can literally see the impression of a mole perfectly while this stuff is on you, it explains it all in this article. Which is why the muscle suit had to be thin also because if the muscle suit was too thick, etc you could tell right off the back that he had one on.

In the scene at the almost end where he is crawling on that rocky surface, they had to make the rocky surface from latex, I think, just to make sure the suit didn't tear, even then they still went through like three suits while filming that scene.
[/b]

<div class='quotetop'>(propsculptor @ Jul 20 2006, 08:10 PM) [snapback]1284797[/snapback]</div>
Anyone know the size of the Little Diamonds on Superman's Costume??
(The Blue part)

It would be on one of those Cards like this one:
87_12.JPG

[/b]

1/4" on the cards.

This thread is more than 17 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back