Superman Returns costume progress

jedi_master_adam

Well I have been working slowly and surely trying to get this costume done. here are some progress shots of the suit so far.

IMG_4396.jpg

IMG_4406.jpg

IMG_3726.jpg

IMG_3739.jpg

IMG_3731.jpg

IMG_3735.jpg

IMG_3740.jpg

I sculpted the chest shield, made a bodysuit pattern and sewed it up, made a brief pattern and sewed it. The cape is 10 ft wide from tip to tip and 55 inches long. The outside is made of a lightweight pleather type material, and the inside is red gabardine fabric.

I am currently adjusting the cape collar so it doesn't pull on the spandex collar. This will keep the crew neck shape of the body suit.

All that is left to do is sculpt and mold a belt, add belt loops to the briefs, and make boots.

-Adam

<div class='quotetop'>(reelprops @ Jul 3 2006, 02:14 AM) [snapback]1272795[/snapback]</div>
you should be wearing the spidey suit.

Reel
[/b]

:) Spidey suit is in the works just need some money to fund my printing. (sometime after Halloween) As for Superman I have started a foam musclesuit that will bulk me up slightly. Very similar to what they use in Spidey and Supes Returns.

<div class='quotetop'>(jedi_master_adam @ Jul 2 2006, 10:30 PM) [snapback]1272809[/snapback]</div>
<div class='quotetop'>(reelprops @ Jul 3 2006, 02:14 AM) [snapback]1272795[/snapback]
you should be wearing the spidey suit.

Reel
[/b]

:) Spidey suit is in the works just need some money to fund my printing. (sometime after Halloween) As for Superman I have started a foam musclesuit that will bulk me up slightly. Very similar to what they use in Spidey and Supes Returns.
[/b][/quote]

I think it looks great, I'd be interested to see a little closer shot of your chest emblem. Good work.

~Edit~ Nevermind I saw the other thread with the emblem close ups. Great job, you have put a ton of work into that, be proud.

Lookin good so far.

<div class='quotetop'></div>
I have started a foam musclesuit that will bulk me up slightly. Very similar to what they use in Spidey and Supes Returns.[/b]

Would you be able to post more details on the muscle suit? I have a very lean build myself, and a muscle suit would really benefit me in the superhero outfits. I just haven't been able to find a good one. Thanks.

Sean

<div class='quotetop'>(masterjedi322 @ Jul 3 2006, 03:01 PM) [snapback]1273099[/snapback]</div>
Lookin good so far.

<div class='quotetop'>
I have started a foam musclesuit that will bulk me up slightly. Very similar to what they use in Spidey and Supes Returns.[/b]

Would you be able to post more details on the muscle suit? I have a very lean build myself, and a muscle suit would really benefit me in the superhero outfits. I just haven't been able to find a good one. Thanks.

Sean
[/b][/quote]

This is still in its very early stages as it is not a high priority of the many projects I have on the table. currently I have an extremely stretchable undersuit I have sewn together (panny hose material). I am still deciding if I am going to take thin high density foam sheets and carve each muscle piece and glue on the suit, or sculpt each muscle and cast them in a dense urethane foam and glue them to the suit. Either way it will be very subtle and each muscle will be a seperate. My body type is very toned and I have good muscle definition just not much bulk. This will help with my muscle build and definition in a spandex suit.

Eventually the goal is not to need the mescle suit. :)

I like where your going with this outfit alot. Good job. IF I were to say anything about it, I'd shorten the top of the briefs just a bit.. the new suit seems to be pretty low. But other than that, I'm very impressed. Great job on the chest emblem and the basic pattern of the suit. I can't wait to see how the rest turns out.

Also, I did a Superman suit.. about ten years ago. I did do a quick update for an event, but I only modified the chest emblem and I made a muscle shirt to wear under it. I don't want to hijack your thread, but if anyone wants to see, I'll post something in a new thread.

Wow, you're suit looks terrific.. Great job on the colors and especially how the cape drapes. I would also advise shortening the trunks if possible. Looking forward to seeing it completed.

<div class='quotetop'>(SonofJorEl @ Jul 6 2006, 03:25 PM) [snapback]1275346[/snapback]</div>
I was thinking the same thing, especially in the photo with glasses.
[/b]

Took the words right outta my mouth.

Excellent job on the suit. I'm quite envious.

What are you going to do for your boots? I saw that the heels of the originals have S's on them. The cape looks great too. Why not do a gray version too?

Keep updates coming.

Do you still have this costume? if so, I want to speak to you about a proposition I have for a fan film I will write in the future. PLEASE WRITE ME BACK!:D

legend23km - just to let you know that this thread is over 7 years old so instead of bringing back such an old thread, you should send the member a PM.

This thread is more than 10 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back