Superman Returns, almost done emblem

So Doody are you going to make a lifesize Routh Superman
complete with the ugly costume seams showing? :)

If so that should be interesting.

Originally posted by propsculptor@Dec 9 2005, 10:24 PM
So Doody are you going to make a lifesize Routh Superman
complete with the ugly costume seams showing? :)

If so that should be interesting.
[snapback]1132548[/snapback]​

only sticking one toe in the water at this point. But here's the thing.... I can't believe Brian Singer would turn loose a funky lookin costume. I keep thinking that we are getting the "tumbler" effect ala BB, when everyone thought the tumbler stunk, and now it's second in popularity only to the 89' batmobile. He is a very sharp guy.

Brad, email sent. Boy, I hope it's good news.

The tumbler only got negative reviews because it didn't look like a batmobile, not bat wings etc. The team didn;t take the 89 Batmobile and moleste it, nor were they trying to stuff BB into continuity with the previous movies.

Singer allowed a craptastic costume that is so "cool" looking with its engraved S's and the S buckle, and etc that it has nothing to to do with "I'll like it after the movie" Its teh fact that hes made too many changes to the costume with lame excuses.

Besides Batmans Batmoble has changed numerous times and he even had a tank for a shortwhile.

The Superman costume, the most important part in ANYTHING Superman, has been the same, even teh TV producers made a kickass one for Dean Cain, though many didn't like the belt and boots...but thats it.

It all reminds me of the "Keaton" controversy back in 89' --- "Mr. Mom" is Batman???? what the???? A short little comedian, Batman???? Then there were people downright mad about the tumbler. One guy did a photoshop of the tumbler in the woods with a pile of empty beer cans next to the "good ol' boy" superswamper tires.
A lot of what goes into costume design in a movie has to do with the overall look of the movie itself. A good costume designer will make a costume fit in with the overal color scheme, and general look of the movie, as well as any possible story that conects the costume ala Batman begins. So, the darker red, and blue may be out of ness. due to the coloring of the movie. They might even have a thing that when hard light hits the suit, it becomes the color scheme we are all used to. We don't know.

When BB's pictures started leaking out I was sort of put off, as were tons of people, but now it's possibly the all time favorite. So, you have to give this guy a chance. Could be a turkey, could be the hot new Superman. Time will tell.

Originally posted by doody@Dec 11 2005, 03:25 AM
It all reminds me of the "Keaton" controversy back in 89' --- "Mr. Mom" is Batman???? what the???? A short little comedian, Batman????  Then there were people downright mad about the tumbler. One guy did a photoshop of the tumbler in the woods with a pile of empty beer cans next to the "good ol' boy" superswamper tires.
    A lot of what goes into costume design in a movie has to do with the overall look of the movie itself. A good costume designer will make a costume fit in with the overal color scheme, and general look of the movie, as well as any possible story that conects the costume ala Batman begins. So, the darker red, and blue may be out of ness. due to the coloring of the movie. They might even have a thing that when hard light hits the suit, it becomes the color scheme we are all used to. We don't know.

When BB's pictures started leaking out I was sort of put off, as were tons of people, but now it's possibly the all time favorite.  So, you have to give this guy a chance. Could be a turkey, could be the hot new Superman. Time will tell.
[snapback]1133326[/snapback]​

Agreed. If I had my way I would chage a few subtle details of the suit but I'm going to reserve judgment until I see the movie. I'm starting to get excited about seeing Superman on th ebig screen again. The teaser trailer gave me chills.

-Jason M

Here's another point: The batman begins torso is based on a sliding skin concept. This give the torso and cowl a more natural look when arms are crossed, or the head moves, but there is a visual trade off. At times the torso and cowl can look a little funny, but when he moves the shoulders will not ball up like a nerf ball, but rather fold like a sweater. This concept allows extreme neck turns without folding the neck part of the cowl in half, but there is a slight visual trade off. The trade off is that the overall shape of the suit will change as he moves, but the movements will look more natural, and he won't have to move only a certain way to keep the overall form looking good. The "superhero movement" as Lindy hemming described is what the past Batmen had to do in previous suits.

sumpin like this:

clayemblem.jpg

will add the little s's in a day or so..

You've definetly peaked my interest. Reguardless of the changes from the classic design, the Superman Returns costume is pretty sharp and modern. I'd love to see you lend your skills to it Doody.

-Jason M

I remember seeing this picture here but dont remember where but this wil help if you want to put all the little \S/'s on. Cant wait to see what else happends...

theshield9gz-769916.jpg

This thread is more than 18 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back