Superman reeve cape replica from original screen worn

Discussion in 'DC Costumes and Props' started by Super Sebastian, Mar 31, 2012.

1. Super Sebastian

Super Sebastian Active Member

Hello, I like to show my first Superman Chris Reeve Superman replica, the image shows a comparison image of an original cape and my cape.

This is first prototype of a replica make directly from an original cape screen worn ( not the one that I show in the photo, is just to show the accurancy) , the maesures are Christopher Reeve size, and is the model to make the future capes for the future suits that I am making with Action Costumes

<script src='http://img854.imageshack.us/shareable/?i=53706633660523863131119.jpg&p=tl' type='text/javascript'></script><noscript>[​IMG]</noscript>

Last edited by a moderator: Nov 9, 2018
  2. Super Sebastian

Another thing that you can see, is that the flap of the cape is done exactly like the orioginal, thing that other replicas didn`t make correctly. Here is a photo and next an original Christopher Reeve suit used for the cating of Superboy.

<script src='http://img515.imageshack.us/shareable/?i=26654721248367166971119.jpg&p=tl' type='text/javascript'></script><noscript>[​IMG]</noscript>

3. masterjedi322

masterjedi322 Sr Member

That's awesome! Any more info you can share?

Sean

4. Super Sebastian

Well, what I can show you is the prove that this cape is made with the measurements of a real Christopher Reeve superman screen worn cape and costumes, here is one of images wen the measures were taken. :cool

<script src='http://img37.imageshack.us/shareable/?i=img1968h.jpg&p=tl' type='text/javascript'></script><noscript>[​IMG]</noscript>

5. supgreg

supgreg Active Member

What kind of material did you make yours out of? Wool was the original fabric I believe.

6. oracle1982

oracle1982 Active Member

Nice job! Moving on to the costume soon too? Sure it'll be sweet man :)

7. hydin

hydin Sr Member RPF PREMIUM MEMBER

Awesome!!!!!

Chris

8. Super Sebastian

For the cape I use the same fabric used in the screen, is very easy to find, bit not the fabric of the shield and the suit in general.

9. Super Sebastian

Yes, I will be making 4 versions of the suit with difrent kind of fabrics, every fabric are going to define the final price of the suit and also the way to make it. I find a ver similar fabric close to the original, is the same colors and textures, the only thing is that is not as shining as the original, but is the most close and accurante fabric ever.

10. Super Sebastian

Thanks !!! :thumbsup

11. enan

enan New Member

I see the red tape, but how was it attached to the suit? I have seen a behind the scenes photo and it looks like they are just tucking them into the collar but do they attach to something inside or under the collar?

Terry

12. Super Sebastian

The red tapes go under the arms and tied on the back !! :cool

13. supgreg

supgreg Active Member

What was the name of the fabric? And is there anywhere that sells it that you can link me to online?

14. pinder91

pinder91 Sr Member

I'm pretty sure the original cape was made of wool gabardine, correct? It should be available at almost any fabric store worth visiting.

15. Super Sebastian

YES !! it was ! :cool

16. supgreg

supgreg Active Member

Sebastian, Is there any way I could purchase a yellow S emblem from you like the one on your prototype cape?

17. BlackKaos

BlackKaos Well-Known Member RPF PREMIUM MEMBER

Awesome job on the cape!

18. Super Sebastian

Dear Supgreg, I can`t sale you only the logo by now, but I will let yopu know if I can some time!

19. ShockTrooper

ShockTrooper Well-Known Member

Very nice cape.

PM sent.

20. director89

director89 New Member

movie magic