Superman Armor DC universe online style.

familyman

Sr Member
I love the trailer for the DC universe online game. Love the new armor suits like batmans and the flash's. I know superman doesn't need armor, but that doesn't mean he couldn't have any.
I have always wanted to do a superman costume of my own style. And I love armor more then figure hugging costumes. (Very self consious). SO here is what I have in mind.
Untitled1111.jpg

Looks good. It kind of looks like the Justice lords armor from the Justice league cartoon. You would think that supes would have some kind of armor in his costume to give him a bit of shielding against kryptonite.

I really like that design. I'm not the type to like people messing with Supes but as long as the general scheme is there I never mind much.

Thanks guys, the main thing is I dont have a superman bod, and really want to wear the suit. weven though I am working out again I dont think I will ever be able to carry off the real thing, so I am wanting to keep it as close as possible but just adding armor. I know I could use a muscle suit, but I just like armor more.
And as most of you who know me know, I like building with foam and this would be a good build for foam.

Superman and Batman are my favorites and I like when someone customizes ( to a Degree ) meaning everyone still knows what they're looking at. I say go for it, it's a cool design.

hey man, whatever works for you. I totally would love to see this built and you can really do it.

Thanks man huge compliment there.

Superman and Batman are my favorites and I like when someone customizes ( to a Degree ) meaning everyone still knows what they're looking at. I say go for it, it's a cool design.

Thanks for the compliment on the design. I just have to finish my GB build, and then I will work on this along with finishing my Ironman costume. That will give me time to fix a few things on the suit first and do some fabric (for the cape) research.

Personally, I would have made it all crystalline and Kryptonian, but that looks pretty sweet, so I can't wait to see how it turns out.

Slight change to the armor, added armor pants and canged the colour of the ab section to match the rest of the undersuit.
Anyone know where you can buy body suits from? need zip in the back, plain one colour suit, for the under suit of this costume.
I can not decide if the shield should be embeded or risen, any thoughts?.
Untitled11111.jpg

Since it's armor, make the shield an actual shield! Not like a handheld shield, but a plate "riveted" to the chest. Emboss the yellow around the S to about half the depth, so the S and the edge themselves are raised, but the whole emblem is a separate plate.

Not that supes needs a shield, being all bulletproof and whatnot, but it would really emphasize that this isn't just a hard-sculpt of supe tights.

Wow, exactly how I was thinking it! I'd say curve it to match the chest, otherwise it will look bizarre and tacked on.

Edit: Actually, curve the back surface to the chest (so that the edge up against the chest conforms), but dome out the face-surface a bit. Your drawing of the whole thing conformed to the chest made it a little too flimsy looking and less shieldy.

Ok so maybe make the shield about an inch think and embed it about half an inch or so into the chest armor, that way it will look like it is comformed to the chest but still retains the flat shield look on the surface.

This thread is more than 10 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back