Superior Spider-Man 2.0 (Edited Orhadar Print) Pic Heavy

asymbolofhope

So for this years Fan Expo I had decided I wanted to be The Amazing Spider-Man 2.0.
IMG_2017.JPG(sewn by the lovely Trophywife)
But the internet just exploded with suits and I thought "How am I going to stand out in a sea of Spidermen?"

Bought both the patterns off Orhadar, one in Feb the other April or late March and as beautiful as it is, I wasn't satisfied with simply sending it to FOD.

I made a honeycomb pattern and darkened the colours a bit.

1.jpgOriginal
2.jpggoing for more of a modern movie style
3.jpgSubmitted version.

It should be here by tomorrow.

While I waited I decided to tackle both a backpack and wrist communicators

IMG_2223.JPGIMG_2239.JPGIMG_2240.JPGIMG_2241.JPG
The inconsistency of these reference photos made me decide to make it however I wanted as long as it made sense.

So after reading someones (will edit name in after) winter soldier arm thread I decided to plaster cast my arms

IMG_2233.JPGIMG_2238.JPG

I've been following a lot of female cosplayers who work with worbla, watching different techniques and bought a sheet to try it out.
I don't have pictures of the process, but I wrapped my arm in plastic wrap and mapped out the shape of the comm

IMG_2243.JPGIMG_2242.JPGIMG_2244.JPG
Will edit in videos I watched. The worbla is heated with the edges folded around the foam

As far as the backpack goes, I took some insulation foam and made a shape for vacuum forming
If anyone else is working on this and you want to compare notes, I'm all for it.
IMG_2160.JPG
Coming soon! I see how I'd like to attach the backpack to the suit, using hidden buckles and straps but I'm not sure how to execute it.

And web shooters! I even made those.
Rather than making it some bulky thing around my wrist, poking through the suit...
IMG_2246.JPG
Also made out of worbla. This is a before they became symmetrical shot.

So this is all for now. I'll update it later.

So the suit was actually sitting outside my door when I made this post.

Probably the most beautiful shade of red I've ever seen.

IMG_2247.JPG
I ran into some problems with the muscle shading and sewing lines being non existant in the black section but Trophywife assures me it's no problem for her.

So I started puff painting the webbing. Did all of this in a couple hours.
I think I'll hold off on puffing the honeycomb section cause those hexagons are pretty small and I'm pretty lazy.

image (2).jpeg
image (3).jpegimage (4).jpeg
image (5).jpegimage (6).jpeg

Thanks for the messages.

I may not be quite 100% but I can actually move my arm and my head doesn't hurt as much, as often.

I finally saw The Amazing Spider-Man 2 tonight and I feel really good. It was so good! I think watching it helped my body relax.

Anyway...

I redesigned the wrist communicators and made a back spider template :)

1234.JPG

photo (2).JPG
Rather than try and figure out how to wire some LED's into the WC I'm just going to cast a clear epoxy w/ red dye thing.

I'm not quite sure where I want to go with the back spider... Any thoughts? I would like to make it sort of a 3D back pack

Looking good so far. Nice work. I'm planning on doing my own Superior build sometime in the near future, but not sure exactly when I'll be able to get started on it. I, too, was having some trouble figuring out how I wanted to go about doing the backpack. Hope you have a full and speedy recovery.

Looking good so far. Nice work. I'm planning on doing my own Superior build sometime in the near future, but not sure exactly when I'll be able to get started on it. I, too, was having some trouble figuring out how I wanted to go about doing the backpack. Hope you have a full and speedy recovery.

Thanks, man. If you have any ideas about the backpack just throw them at me. I'm pretty good at visualizing the outcome.

So I shaped the red thing out of clay and made a mold of it.
It's made out of clear cast epoxy with a little red food dye. Since it takes over 24 hours to cure and I only have the one mold, I've only got the one right now.

10296429_10152844064453082_5570598220873989402_o.jpg
10297849_10152844064063082_7141322979768269390_n.jpg
10325660_10152844064308082_6393863995617217562_n.jpg
10402771_10152844064393082_3912657711947364755_n.jpg
Shaped it to my left arm.

That's where I'm at with this.

Get well soon man. 5 bucks Doc Ock threw that car your way jk. In all seriousness, please take care.

Thanks man. Sorta leaning towards the possibility that I might have a spidey-like healing factor lol.
It's only been 10 days but I'm feeling better every day.

5SecondsApp (11).gif
Just brushing it off.

Since the back spider often has a very low profile and looks almost flat on his back (despite having 4 big-ass mechanical legs in there) my initial thoughts were to form something up in a few pieces of worbla or maybe foam and then try to match the red and do a candy-coat paintjob on it. I haven't really worked much with either of these materials yet, so I don't know how feasible it would actually be, but they were some quick initial impressions in the back of my head well before any sort of real planning actually starts. I'm also likely going to be working on a budget so some of the higher-end solutions probably won't be available to me when the time comes, unfortunately.

Very much looking forward to seeing the rest of your build come together. Glad you seem to be making a quick recovery.

This thread is more than 9 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back