Superhero Masks and Full Head Masks

Selvagem85

Hello Everyone! I have been asked by some friends of mine to make masks for them of various characters from a show called "Miraculous Ladybug." They want to be some of the villains from the show. Specifically the characters Volpina, Stormy Weather, and Hawk Moth. They want me to make the masks for them. Hawk Moth's mask in particular bedevils me. I have seen some cloth ones made similar to luchador masks but they don't look quite right to me. I have seen a rigid plastic volpina mask, and i have seen that a lot of cosplayers use makeup to put the "masks" on their faces but, again, they dont look quite right for my liking.

I had the idea of casting the masks from silicone and applying them to the face with spirit gum (at least for Stormy and Volpina) like prosthetics. I am lucky enough to live about 30 minutes from Smooth-on and they recommended using either dragon skin or their more "fleshy" products used for theatrical wounds and such. At the very least, I think i would need a two-part mold to get the right appearance. also, coloring them may be tricky since volpina's and other potential masks have more than one color.

Hawk Moth, however, presents a whole new set of problems. I would also like to make a full silicone mask but I have never attempted something like that before. Since i kind of want to sell more of these I think I need a male sculpting head but I have no idea where to find them.

Any advice or help with this particular subject would be immensely appreciated.

Hawk_Moth_pic_1.pngZX9828A001S00567b4f45ac4741.05820949_1280.jpgVolpinaWep.png

This thread is more than 6 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back