Super Lucy! More of a doll than a custom figure, but I wanted to share:)

Bizarro Lois

Sr Member
Like the title says, this is more of a doll than a custom figure. But I thought some members would get a kick out of seeing her complete. This is one of those "I Love Lucy" dolls made by Mattel, but I made her a new suit, based on an episode guest-starring George Reeves. Long story short, "Superman" is asked to make an appearance at Little Ricky's party and can't make it. Lucy decides to play the part herself and throws together her own costume, then proceeds to get stuck on a ledge outside.
926A.jpg

Lucy_and_Superman.jpg

SuperLucy1.jpg

SuperLucy4.jpg

SuperLucy7.jpg

:lol:thumbsup That's great! Love that episode.

This makes the point though, we need a George Reeves Superman figure. He always was my fave.

:lol:thumbsup That's great! Love that episode.

This makes the point though, we need a George Reeves Superman figure. He always was my fave.

Yes we do. I don't know if he has any relatives left that would be holding out on the likeness rights or not. Has there ever been a Kirk Alyn version?
A Barbie customizer told me that among their collecting community, this was one of the top requests for a Lucy doll, and it never happened. It seems like such a no-brainer, since Mattel already has the rights to make DC characters. It's not like that version of the costume/emblem is connected to the Siegel/Shuster lawsuit that happened a while back.

This thread is more than 10 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back