Super Fuzz Blu-Ray (aka Super Snooper)

VonMagnum

Sr Member
So if anyone else is a fan of this 1980 comedy super hero movie starring Terence Hill and Ernest Borgnine, there's now an HD quality transfer in Germany of the movie (called "Poliziotto superpiù") AKA Super Fuzz on Blu-ra with fantastic video quality compared to the DVD, but the movie only comes with a German sub and an Italian sub soundtrack (while I might want to eat an Italian sub, I don't want one on this movie). Terrence Hill is Italian and he didn't even do the dub voice.

So I got this idea of transferring the English original soundtrack from the DVD release to the Blu-Ray video dump. To make a very long story short, it didn't work because of TWO reasons, the first being that the DVD is apparently running a PAL transfer (it might have been an import; I don't recall) and so the sound is speed up 4% (I never noticed). The second problem is the video on the Blu-Ray is a non-standard 24fps (should be 23.976 for NTSC and 25fps for PAL). This meant that after following some instructions on how to fix the soundtrack (extracted to Audacity), it STILL didn't line up. After figuring it out, changing the speed of the soundtrack -4.0% instead of -4.0976% and then using KODI to alter the start point until everything lined up, which I then fed back into MKVToolnix, I now have a perfectly audio aligned 1080p HD transfer of Super Fuzz with the original English soundtrack (might be the only one on the planet right now with it).

I'm now attempting to adjust the video back to 23.976 frames using Handbrake so it doesn't cause issues with some players (KODI would be OK I think, but it might run smoother at 23.976 regardless).

He loses his super powers when he sees the color red....

This thread is more than 4 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back