Super Cheap Predator Costume !

juggernaught

This sounds crazy but I have a budget of 20$ !!!!!!!!
I'll use
  1. polyeurothane
  2. neoprene surfer shoes
  3. paper mache
  4. muscle man[Rambo] suit
  5. tape [lots]
  6. cardboard
  7. paint
  8. foam board
  9. hot glue
  10. squirt gun
  11. metal slide
  12. springs
  13. nuts and bolts i'm gonna make it work do you think I can do it check back in a week or so for pics

I have one question: do you already have all the materials you have listed above already, or do you have someone you can scavenge them off? Because $20 isn't going to get you very far, and some of those things you've listed are not cheap.

You'll have to give us a price breakdown when you're done - that is, show us how much you spent on each item.

I personally don't think you can do it on such a small budget because you will always run out of things and have to replace them. I scavenged a great deal of my costume (old newspapers, cereal boxes, old clothes etc) but still it cost me money. Not meaning to put a downer on your attempt, just offering you a realistic viewpoint of someone who tried to spend as little as possible.

Good luck.

Dont think you will get far on 20$ for a predator suit.My advice would be....save your money up and get one part at a time until you have the suit you like.I spent £1800 and still spending on new supplies,but things here are expensive..

$20 - not sure thats going to work - polyuethane alone is nearly double that for a small amount. Not unless you already have these materials before hand???? sorry, not putting you down but for $20 thats a lil far fetched

hahaha, yes please lets us know how that works for you, I'm building a budget Predator suit myself and have easily gone over $200.00 myself, almost done with it but there might be a few more things I need to get. Even a cheap mask alone will cost you over $50.00

$20 will be near impossible.
As stated by other members who are pretty keen on these things, even if you had most of these items FREE already, it would be a challenge to keep it under $100 total...

If everyone is willing to give it to you with no charge,but of course that's not probable.
A $20 build doesn't seem possible to me after just starting to plan my build. I've only started buying materials I'm already close to $20.

I set a goal of $200 when I started. I've spent nearly that amount on just resin, bondo, and paint.

This is a pricey endeavor. The neoprine surfer shoes are more than $20. Maybe a local thrift store has some old boots?

If you grow some dreadlocks, you could save a few bucks!

I have only bought a mask so far (and thats even a 'seconds' mask that needs some fixing up) and it cost me almso $100.
I am aiming for around $500 - $700 total cost for the initial build and then upgrade it over time

Guys, you do not have to buy everything... I know of people who scavenge old couches for upholstery and find really good deals online for other materials. 20 bucks is small but its easily possible if you hand craft it all yourself. On a homemade suit you are not going to spend a ton of cash. Paper mache, cardboard, hot glue, foam, blank shirts can all be found around and used to make a suit!

Guys, you do not have to buy everything... I know of people who scavenge old couches for upholstery and find really good deals online for other materials. 20 bucks is small but its easily possible if you hand craft it all yourself. On a homemade suit you are not going to spend a ton of cash. Paper mache, cardboard, hot glue, foam, blank shirts can all be found around and used to make a suit!

True, but thats only if you have Paper mache items, hot glue, foam etc lying around if not you would have to buy them as well as the paint to paint them with. I reckon 5 packs or more hot glue ($2.50 ish) looking at $12.50 plus white glue ($3 ish) $18.50 plus foam etc looking at over $20 before paints are added. Unless your going bare skin with army paint spots with home grown dreadlocks

You don't have to spend a ton of cash but you do have to spend SOME cash. I'd say about 80% of my costume was scavenged and the rest was as cheap as I could find it, and I still ended up spending just under £100 (whatever that is in dollars) for the initial build. I used cereal boxes, old newspapers, clothes I found in the cheapest shops in town and it still all stacked up. Glue and paint and tiny little costs like that will sting your budget. You don't realise how expensive decent glue that actually sticks properly is until you buy it.

And then there's upgrades. If you want to upgrade anything, you've got to spend money. My new dreads cost a third of the initial costume's cost. Nothing in this life is for free unless you go begging to your parents, and I don't know many parents who would be happy to indulge their child's slightly peculiar fascination for dressing up as an alien hunter. Or you go dumpster diving. Ew. No thank you. I'd rather spend a little cash than get my hands dirty in the interests of budget costuming. Realistically, $20 is an impossible budget to do anything on unless you get everything handed to you on a plate.

This thread is more than 11 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back