Super 8 Cube

I had the honor of working on this film, and would VERY MUCH like to add this piece to my collection. Is there only 1 verison? The Cube version? I like the star shape one a little bit more.

QMX super 8 cube:

review_s8cube_1.jpg

I would have paid twice the amount easily for them to have cleaned this up a bit. As this is, I would not get one.

I signed up for the pre-order, and at that price thought I would get two.

At near $80 shipping to London, I held off hoping perhaps they'd show up in Forbidden Planet where I could buy one outright.

I know it's 14 dollars, but that looks terrible.

I thought it would be clean but perhaps very thin?

What a shame. Love this movie.

I got one and it's not that bad, it could stand some cleanup though. But really.

FIFTEEN DOLLARS FOR A LICENSED REPLICA.

Show me ANYONE in the Junkyard who would be selling them at that price?

Also, if you were to hold the ACTUAL cube you get up to that SUPER ENLARGED IMAGE, the cube itself isn't even as large at the top left NINETH of the image. It's actually smaller than that. If you blow up anything 300-400% you're going to see a lot of flaws.

Looking at the actual size of that I can't see much to complain about regarding the detail-to-cost factor. I also challenge someone to find a nicer prop for $15! (I can hardly remember the last time I paid 15 bucks or less for SHIPPING let alone a replica!) It's not the easiest shape to cast either.

From what I can tell, those lines in the surface suggest that the orginal was 3d printed...

$15 is a great price, but that casting is rough as a badger's backside! They couldn't have spent an hour cleaning up the master before molding?

This thread is more than 10 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back