Sunglasses & Spectacles!

Discussion in 'Replica Costumes' started by Indy Magnoli, Mar 23, 2015.

1. Indy Magnoli

Indy Magnoli Master Member RPF PREMIUM MEMBER

Much like our Neckties! thread, I thought I'd start a new thread to discuss the new line of replica glasses we've started. Here you'll find discussion of works-in-progress as well as a place to post your wants for future projects.

We've recently finished our10th Doctor Who "Tennant" glasses and sunglasses:

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Currently, we're finishing up on our 11th Doctor "Smith" Glasses:

[​IMG]

We've already started production on our Kingsman Glasses (which will be available in tortoise shell, black and tortoise shell with sun lenses).

After some feedback from our Facebook page, it looks like we'll be starting preproduction on the Skyfall Sunglasses... we'll post updates here as they are available.

So, what would you like to see in the future?

Kind regards,
    Magnoli

2. maton

maton Active Member

Very cool! Nice work Magnoli! Great items you've produced there. I personally would love to see some Back To The Future Marty Mcfly Zeiss sunglasses! They are on my wish list. Put me down for a pair of them please :cool:D

Last edited: Mar 23, 2015
  3. Kaitou

Kaitou Active Member

Great thread, glad to see it. I'm not really that particular when it comes to my glasses, but I love my Tennant Glasses and in sure I'll love the Smith Spectacles when they come out. I'd like a high quality pair of Harry Potter glasses, but that's a really simple design and probably done before numerous times.

4. CorriTimigan

CorriTimigan Active Member

I'd like to resubmit my vote for a pair of Pierce Brosnan's x-ray specs from The World is Not Enough just in case anyone else is interested!

riker12 likes this.
  5. EDGSW

EDGSW New Member

Kirk's_glasses.jpg
    I would kill for a pair of Kirk's glasses from Star Trek II. Cant find any info on the original frames...

6. jedichase

jedichase Well-Known Member RPF PREMIUM MEMBER

A more budget friendly version of Indiana Jones Saville Row glasses.
    indyglasses.jpg

7. rchan202

rchan202 Member

How about the sunglasses Robert Downey wore in Sherlock Holmes 2 , the scene where he is driving Watson to the wedding ?

8. ShaneHelms

ShaneHelms Well-Known Member

Wouldn't mind seeing replica's of Sarah Connor's Matsuda glasses or Brad Pitt's Oliver People's from Fight Club.

10847311_346872678834148_6457196689233243602_o.jpg 3875287298_b9048c1fe6_z.jpg

rickhoward likes this.
  9. Indy Magnoli

Great suggestions, guys! The Indy specs are in the works. ;)

10. jedichase

Nice, put me on the list for Indy specs. I'm in for some Fight Club replicas as well.

Would any of these glasses be made so that prescription lenses could be put in?

11. Indy Magnoli

All of these can be fitted with prescription lenses by your own optometrist.

wisemonk5421 likes this.
  12. RaggedyDoctor

RaggedyDoctor New Member

Those Smith glasses are a thing of beauty! I'll definitely have to get a pair fitted with my prescription lenses.

13. Doctor Jackson

Doctor Jackson New Member

just ordered 10 glasses to replace my Hugo Boss ones.

Just throwing this out there. Mike Weston's Burn Notice sunglasses. maybe enough interest.......

14. The Terminator

The Terminator Master Member RPF PREMIUM MEMBER

Great thread idea! I too would love some Indy glasses :) color me interest

Persol 58230 sunglasses ;) I own a pair and a few pair that look fairly similar. But would love a few more :)

15. Indy Magnoli

Another good idea... I might have to chase you up for some photos and measurements when and if we do the T2 glasses.

16. CorriTimigan

Oooh actually, I have a request I've been after for years.

I've always wanted to own a pair of Smith's sunglasses from The Matrix Reloaded and Revolutions.

The official Blinde replicas all had a titanium frame that I was never fond of, but I'd still be happy to buy them if they weren't insanely rare and expensive (often going for several thousands)

I'm not confident that the interest is there, though. . . would there be any way whatsoever to have a custom pair or two made? Or do you have to buy in bulk of several dozens?

film-the_matrix_reloaded-2003-agent_smith-hugo_weaving-accessories-agent_smith_sunglasses.jpg

17. The Terminator

I'll gladly help out :) I can also get you 6000x4000 RAW photos if you like ;)

18. Indy Magnoli

To do any type of glasses we'd have to make at least 100.

Man, do I wish I got more responses like this one! ;)

19. CorriTimigan

Yeah, *. I figured as much. I can only hope there are 99 other Matrix fans out there somewhere.

20. CessnaDriver

CessnaDriver Master Member RPF PREMIUM MEMBER

Grosse Pointe Blank

WTF are these?????

[​IMG]

21. Risu

Risu Master Member RPF PREMIUM MEMBER

I know it doesn't help Corri at all, but I'd actually really love to get a pair of Agent Smith's glasses from the first Matrix.

22. The Terminator

Hey, you're doing us a great favor simply by offering to do this in the first place. The least we all can do is return the favor ;)

Here is another! :p
    Though I'm not sure if I would buy a pair :wacko I thought up a half bad name for the glasses, Smithy :lol

23. CorriTimigan

Hey look, I'll go with them too :p
    Simple frameless sunglasses of a decent quality are surpringly difficult to come by. I just want something good for my Agent Smith costume.

24. Risu

Yea, I used to have a pair similar, but they were lost years ago and ever since it's been basically impossible to find that style. I like the first pair because they were subtle.

25. benhs1898

benhs1898 Sr Member RPF PREMIUM MEMBER

i second the motion for the Matrix sunglasses!

There has been a huge deficit for proper replicas!

26. protonpack

protonpack New Member

I would love to have a pair Léon's sunglasses from Léon: The Professional. I've been trying to find the originals (Junior Gaultier 58-0072) for a few years now.
    leon12.jpg

Solos blaster likes this.
  27. jedichase

Second on the Leon the professional glasses.

28. rockbottom

rockbottom Sr Member RPF PREMIUM MEMBER

If you decide to do Gary Oldman's glasses from the Dark Knight trilogy I own an orginal pair of the Kirk Originals, I could help with reference too.

29. barbquebutt

barbquebutt Active Member

Seconded. There are replicas out there, but if you can make more budget-friendly ones, then bless you!

30. PartyPyrate

PartyPyrate Active Member

[​IMG]

Shmee anyone?

31. RiotJavelinDX

RiotJavelinDX Well-Known Member RPF PREMIUM MEMBER

James Wesley's glasses from Daredevil PLEASE

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

32. Magnus Darcrider

Magnus Darcrider Well-Known Member

Hell, how about Matt Murdock's glasses from the Daredevil Netflix series?

I'll definitely be down for a pair of Dr Jones' glasses. Finally means I can put together a Pankot Palace costume :)

Be seeing you,

Magnus Darcrider

Chris92 likes this.
  33. Chris92

Chris92 Active Member

Hell, I second this!

34. IndridColdx

IndridColdx Active Member

Re: Sunglasses & Spectacles!

both of these

35. Indy Magnoli

Here are the specs we've come up with our Indiana Jones style "Professor Glasses":

[​IMG]

Click the above photo for more angles and measurements.

These are also the glasses worn by Johnny Depp in The Ninth Gate.

RagleGumm likes this.
  36. Crazybug00

Crazybug00 Active Member

I'd be in for these.

37. Magnus Darcrider

Magnus Darcrider Well-Known Member

They'd make a decent set of Dr Daniel Jackson glasses for Stargate too.

Be seeing you,

Magnus Darcrider

38. Westies14

Westies14 Master Member

Indy, do you spec these out in order to identify the originals or do you have things manufactured to match their on-screen appearance? If the latter, might you consider undertaking Walter White's impossible safety glasses (he wears them as standard wire-rimmed specs throughout the series) from Breaking Bad?

7thWheel likes this.
  39. Indy Magnoli

We work mainly from photos, but prefer having at least a few measurements from the originals to work from. Our Tennant Glasses, however, were created 100% from photos only with no measurements whatsoever. So, anything is possible...

40. barbquebutt

barbquebutt Active Member

41. Westies14

Westies14 Master Member

The Daredevil/Matt Murdock frames appear to be Savile Row model "Walmer" in Chromium/Shiny Silver, with a saddle bridge (no nose pads). They would have had to custom make the red lenses...

42. Solos blaster

Solos blaster Sr Member

I would for sure be in for some Dr. Jones glasses and probably a pair of Leon's.

43. Risu

I REALLY don't think that's accurate. I haven't put time into researching them, but Matt's glasses seem to be perfect ovals and the Walmer's have a flatter top than bottom. Also the bridge looks wrong to me.

44. Westies14

Westies14 Master Member

Thanks for the note, Risu! I've seen pics where the Walmers look truly oval but others where I can see what you're describing. Perhaps we can find a front angle to overlay with the poster image of Murdock. I wish I had a pair in hand to compare... Berkshire Chase, affiliated with SR, has a "Saddle Oval" frame that may be a true oval as well.

Here's another close frame from another manufacturer: http://www.eyeglasses.com/glasses/dolomiti-eyewear-oc4s.html

One of the toughest parts is comparing the overall proportions with product images of frames that are available in a few sizes.

45. Jack

Jack Well-Known Member

Indy, any date in mind yet when the Indy glasses may become available on your Internet site ?

And I'm also interested in the Daredevil / Matt Murdock frame from the new Netfix series. Just in case :D.

46. howlingwind13

howlingwind13 Sr Member RPF PREMIUM MEMBER

Oh please make the Invisible man glasses, so rare and when you do find them they sell for big money.
    Mike

Attached Files:

47. MitasTouch

MitasTouch Sr Member RPF PREMIUM MEMBER

Search SHADOWS COSPLAY DEPP VAMPIRE HUNTER WRAP AROUND SUNGLASSES DARK LENS GOLD FRAME on ebay. $17.

48. howlingwind13

howlingwind13 Sr Member RPF PREMIUM MEMBER

What! Man thanks...been searching for years, the only ones I ever found were going for over $300, because they were vintage..thanks for the tip

MitasTouch likes this.
  49. DexterManiaco

DexterManiaco New Member

I am interested in the Netflix Matt Murdock's Sunglassess too! :)

Chris92 likes this.
  50. LTsmash1200

LTsmash1200 Sr Member RPF PREMIUM MEMBER

I just thought about getting some Indy glasses. I don't usually go into the costume forum. Looks like I stumbled in here at just the right time!

Indy Magnoli likes this.