mreid1815

Hi everyone, i’ve been obsessed with this jacket that Robert Redford wears in Butch Cassidy and the Sundance Kid (My favourite Film). However i cannot find the fabric it is made of, i’ve looked through hundreds of fabric shop sites and can’t find that type of corduroy. If anyone has any advice or knows where i can find the fabric i would be so grateful. Thanks for all your time.
49B58E96-00F2-450B-BAE5-7D990F5E680D.jpeg

Looks like jumbo cord, it’s mostly used on sofas and the like. If you search for upholstery corduroy you should be able to find something very similar.

Looks like jumbo cord, it’s mostly used on sofas and the like. If you search for upholstery corduroy you should be able to find something very similar.
Thank you, i think i have found a suitable fabric and ordered a few samples, you have been so much help.

I am also interested in this jacket. I was able to find a really close representation of the corduroy jacket Butch wore on EBay. Banana Republic made a really close version of it. I’ve also been able to recreate the fur felt hats they both wore and found a straw Panama hat that looks just like Butch’s. I’ve seen the actual jacket Sundance wore. It was on display at the Autry Museum in LA about 25 years ago. It may still be there. If you have a pattern or are creating one I’d love to work with you on this. Feel free to email me at joelcharlesross@icloud.com.

Attachments

• 93A82337-4946-4EED-9C30-5C741ECD235D.jpeg
    93A82337-4946-4EED-9C30-5C741ECD235D.jpeg
    3.6 MB · Views: 243
This thread is more than 4 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back