Suit question

phillyblunt1913

I have a suit I am making and I painted the whole thing but did not age th armor. So everything looks chromed out I think it looks nice but I don't want to offend the populace. Just wanted some feed back. Plus a convention in Cherry Hill is fast approching and I am trying to finish other aspects of the suit to make it complete.

My question is, Do you think it will be OK to wear a suit with unaged armor? The whole thing Chromed out to where you could see your reflection in it.

You wont offend anyone. Wanna know why? Its your suit! Who cares what others think. Its free roam on suit building in here bud. Its just gonna look like your a youngblood that hasnt seen action. Dirty=Been Hunting.

Cheers!

You wont offend anyone. Wanna know why? Its your suit! Who cares what others think. Its free roam on suit building in here bud. Its just gonna look like your a youngblood that hasnt seen action. Dirty=Been Hunting.

Cheers!
Yeah I gave someone the same explination, Thanks for your insight

Yeah honestly it is whatever you want! Maybe you could consider it ceremonial? A suit that never atually gets hunted in... honestly the options are endless and like bovine said... when it comes down to it... its YOUR suit. Honestly... I'd like to see this armor you are talking about! Got any pics of it? :mad:

Yeah honestly it is whatever you want! Maybe you could consider it ceremonial? A suit that never atually gets hunted in... honestly the options are endless and like bovine said... when it comes down to it... its YOUR suit. Honestly... I'd like to see this armor you are talking about! Got any pics of it? :mad:
I am at work now but when I get home it will be my main priority to post pics.
Again thanks to all who replied it truly is a big help and honor to hear from the Masters

If it comes down to having a suit that's presentable but not exactly the way you want it, versus not having a suit at all, then go ahead and show off the suit you've built. Even if it isn't weathered right or there's some component you wish you had done better, the fact is that you've finished a suit and people are going to be amazed by it.

I wouldn't have any problem appearing at a convention or in a parade with another person in a Predator suit if it was too shiny. In fact, most of the other attendees at conventions won't know the difference if your costume is supposed to be shiny, or dull, or weathered, or any specific color shade.

Here are some of the parts in question.
co4.jpg

chromedout3.jpg

chromedout2.jpg

chromedout1.jpg

Now that I look at it a little more, the shiny armor is starting to grow on me. Some of the Predators in AVP had rather shiny armor, as shown in the reference thread. The ones who came to Egypt and showed them how to build pyramids were pretty clean, for example:
AVP-AlienvsPredator2004UNRATEDBD-3.jpg.gif

Besides, it'll look different inside, or under different light, or whatever. If you can find a set of dark caverns with only blueish lights, I bet you can pull off a perfect AVP impression.

What convention is in Cherry Hill, anyway?

Now that I look at it a little more, the shiny armor is starting to grow on me. Some of the Predators in AVP had rather shiny armor, as shown in the reference thread. The ones who came to Egypt and showed them how to build pyramids were pretty clean, for example:
AVP-AlienvsPredator2004UNRATEDBD-3.jpg.gif

Besides, it'll look different inside, or under different light, or whatever. If you can find a set of dark caverns with only blueish lights, I bet you can pull off a perfect AVP impression.

What convention is in Cherry Hill, anyway?
MonsterMania at the Crowne Royal Plaza

Here are some of the parts in question.
co4.jpg

chromedout3.jpg

chromedout2.jpg

chromedout1.jpg
I think the chrome look is awesome mate. I think I'd even go as far as doing the canon and bio chromed too! The whole idea of a ceremonial suit instead of a hunting suit is pretty cool. Keep the pics coming

This thread is more than 13 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back