Suggestions on Where to begin?

Don't want to see this ad? Sign up for anRPF Premium Membershiptoday. Support the community. Stop the ads.

HUFFADDER

I was wanting to get some suggestions on how to begin a Pred build. I have built a Stormtrooper from an FX kit (current 501st member) but I will have to purchase all of the componets for this costume. I am new here and as I am sure you all agree it is easy to become a little overwhelmed with this character. I know I like the closed mouth look with all of its teeth and the "spikey" head. I am also pretty sure I will have to have someone paint my costume so that I can have a little bit of a custom color combo, whenever I fugure that out...lol! I am aware that this is pricey but that is something I am prepared to deal with.
Thanks for your time & all suggestions will be much appreciated...Jason

Don't want to see this ad? Sign up for anRPF Premium Membershiptoday. Support the community. Stop the ads.

Darkshrine

You can be whatever you want to be. A hybrid pred, P1, P2, Scar, Wolf etc. It's all up to you mate. I've begun with making some armour and having great fun doing it. Just have fun and read up loads. It's all here.
Good luck!

HUFFADDER

Thanks for the direction on who sells what Bro. I guess I havent dunn enough research to know what all the differences are. P1,P2,Elder,Scar,Wolf,etc... I am not sure what the "typical" Pred is as far as weight and height? I am 6' and 170 lbs. Will I look good suited up? MY Stormtrooper armor fits me like a glove! I just dont want to look Stupid because it wont do the character justice when I am suited..
Thanks again for ALL help guys...Jason
Link to my 501st Pic in armor
http://www.501st.com/members/displaymember...amp;costumeID=1

spankygnarkill

I guess I havent dunn enough research to know what all the differences are. P1,P2,Elder,Scar,Wolf,etc... I am not sure what the "typical" Pred is as far as weight and height? I am 6' and 170 lbs. Will I look good suited up?
I would have to say the most iconic and easily recognizable one is the P1. But you dant have to go for a "typical" pred at all. The whole lair is devoted to making new and interesting costumes and preds and backstories. People get into it. Make your pred what you want it to be. And screw all the people who think its stupid, cause they are prob just jealous they didnt think of making a pred costume or dont have the talent to.
Im 6'4", 180 lbs. but there are plenty of people shorter and taller on here. Every pred is different, and lets face it, thats the way it should be. It'd be prety boring if we all only made the P1, P2, lost hunters, those AVP...things...and Wolf. \

Create your own pred, start with a back story, then work from head down. the back story can help shape who you want your pred to be in the end and what he'll look like.

Darkwolf1

Thanks for the direction on who sells what Bro. I guess I havent dunn enough research to know what all the differences are. P1,P2,Elder,Scar,Wolf,etc... I am not sure what the "typical" Pred is as far as weight and height? I am 6' and 170 lbs. Will I look good suited up? MY Stormtrooper armor fits me like a glove! I just dont want to look Stupid because it wont do the character justice when I am suited..
Thanks again for ALL help guys...Jason
Link to my 501st Pic in armor
http://www.501st.com/members/displaymember...amp;costumeID=1

Does not matter how tall you are I'm barely 5'11" if I don't slouch and I always slouch there is no such thing as "typical" you can base you character off your personality and add the parts that fit that personality. You can purchase or make your own or both like most of us here. As Spanky said "create your own pred" be who you want to be. And don't worry about what people think this is a tight knit community and your support will come from here. We are all from a million walks of like but here we are one family. Take your time and pick what you want.

HUFFADDER

Once again guys THANKS! I am already very happy with the response and welcome you guys have given me. I look forward to starting & the completion of "MY Pred". As far as worrying about those guys who have nothing better than to down others creations, dont worry about that... I believe as long as something is dunn with enthusiam and to the best of your abbility thats all that matters. To be honest I am a little "Anal" so I will not settle for anything less than the best I can do. Thanks again guys and look forward to your support on my journey....Jason