Suggestions on Displaying a Screen Used Prop Cell Phone Case

Castor Dioscuri

Hi everyone,

I wanted to get your input on a recent prop acquisition. I recently bought a prop, screen-used cell phone case from one of my favorite shows, and I am unsure how best to display it. I'm not sure if I should just put the phone case on a stand and call it a night, as I feel it would look unfinished. Part of me wants to buy a matching cell phone that I can place inside the case, but I'm not sure if this would be too distracting from the cover itself.

If I were to display the case by itself, do you think it would look incomplete? If I were to display the case with a (not screen-used) phone, would it be a cop-out and look like I'm trying to pass it off as a screen used phone set?

Granted, I'm the only one that will enjoy the prop for the most part, but I'd like to show it off to friends from time to time. So what would you do if you were me?

Ah, good point, thank you :)

Here are pictures of the case that I have:

image.jpg2.jpg

image.jpg3.jpg

And this is a picture of what the case might look like with a phone in it:

image.jpg1_4.jpg

Hope that helps!

I'd go into a cellphone store, and see if you can buy a nonworking display phone that would fit that case. That way you're not paying for an actual working phone you'll likely never use.

Print out a photo of the scene where the phone case was used, sized to fit the screen. Get it printed on acetate, and attach it to the screen so it looks like the video just happens to be paused on the scene.

Thanks JM, I'm trying to figure out if there is a reversible way to open up the dummy case to take out the 'display card' screen. If so, I'll just swap out the display card with a printout of a freeze frame scene, or better yet, a picture of the screen displayed on the phone during the scene. Worst case scenario, I'll just stick a black sheet of paper inside the dummy phone so it looks less like a dummy and more like a phone turned off.

Thanks everyone for all the wonderful suggestions. Absolutely love the dummy phone suggestion too as I wouldn't have to worry about the off-chance of a possible battery leakage damaging the case in the long run.

This thread is more than 7 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back