Suggestions for masking films

bwise

Hello folks,

I was wonndering if anyone had suggestions for a low-tack frisket film that would work well for painting the aztec pattern on my Polar lights NX-01. I tried some airbrush frisket I got at the local art store and it left a residue on my model that required sanding that area down and repainting to rectify.

Any thoughts would be much appreciated.
Thanks
Bill

What brand was the stuff that left a residue? I use frisket paper. You can get it at Hobbytown USA or at Hobby Lobby. I have never had it stick to a model or leave any residue behind.

JDH

I don't know the brand off hand. I'll check tonight when I get home. The film I bought leaves a residue if it stays on more than a couple of hours. It actually pulls some of the enamel off. How long do you leave the frisket in place as a rule?

Thanks
Bill

Nope. I just painted the hull with model master aluminum enamel, and let it set up for about a week before tryinmg to apply the hull pattern in steel using the frisket. I did another test recently where I laid down the frisket and left it on for an hour or so and took it off with no residue. Then I left a piece on overnight and it left residue, in fact it picked up part of the paint as well.

This thread is more than 18 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back