Suggest a model...

Fxguy1

Quarantine has gotten me itching for a new model to build. Haven’t done a model in a long time and looking to do one. One of my favorites was the Revell model of the Space Shuttle with Launch tower from the 80s to give an idea of complexity. As for theme, Star Trek, Dr Who, basically anything SciFi.

suggestions?

Polar lights has a ton of Trek ships in the 1/1000 scale that folks dig on. Bandai Star Wars kits look great right outa the box. Moebius Models has a couple nu trek kits as well as some great 2001 kits,they do get a bit spendy. I think right now, if one is just coming back to sci-fi modeling from say the 80s or 90s, it’s an embarrassment of riches.

Quarantine has gotten me itching for a new model to build. Haven’t done a model in a long time and looking to do one. One of my favorites was the Revell model of the Space Shuttle with Launch tower from the 80s to give an idea of complexity. As for theme, Star Trek, Dr Who, basically anything SciFi.

suggestions?

Someone around here raised an interest (a number of years back) in Bond Moonraker shuttles...

suggestions?

How much scratch building/adding additional detailing are in you in for?

If you want something to keep you busy and do not minding superdetailing something, the Revell/Zvedza Star Destroyer might be a great project.
Here are some threads to illustrate what is possible

Or maybe a Moebius 1/35 Jupiter 2 if you want a very detailed interior and lighting effects

If you would rather stick to out of the box kits that are detailed enough to not require any other modifications but are a bit more complex than most kits and will take you more than a few hours or a even a day or so to build. That is not to say you couldn't make a few tweaks, but for the most part, these are impressive and fairly "complex" builds as far as number of parts/time

Bandai 1/72 Millennium Falcon

1/500 or the 1/1000 Space Battleship Yamato (aka Argo from Star Blazers for the American audiences). Note if you get the 1/1000 "Cosmo Reverse" edition that includes the interior hangar set as well as the waterslide decals which some of the other versions do not. The 1/500 kit has a separate hangar kit that can be added on.

Bandai 1/72 Y-Wing

Round2 1/48 (22") Eagle Transporter from Space 1999. There is also a cargo pod variant for it as well as a separate 1/48 Nuclear Waste Area set the waste dump area in the same scale that could be used for a great dio Amazon.com: MPC Space 1999 Nuclear Waste Area 2 Diorama MoonBuggy, MPC860: Toys & Games

Last edited:

suggestions?

If you like space-themed like the Shuttle you did, I have been keeping an eye on the Saturn 1B 1:72 scale model kit from Dragon Models. It's huge but looks like a lot of fun to build.

Also, pretty much any of the Bandai Star Wars models, they are my favorite ones to build.

Well I took the plunge and subscribed to Eaglemoss’ Delorean build. Should be interesting and a dive back into the movie that 6 year old me fell in love with and fascinated me for a long time.

If you haven't done them already - either of the Polar lights 1/350 Enterprises are EXCELLENT models... they build relatively easy and you can "detail" to your skill level and get damn nice result. straight from the box with basic paint and decals they are very nice... or you can go super detailed and lighting kits etc. etc. and have a masterpeice.

Jedi Dade

Well I took the plunge and subscribed to Eaglemoss’ Delorean build. Should be interesting and a dive back into the movie that 6 year old me fell in love with and fascinated me for a long time.

Great idea, I have been building this for a few months now, and the add-ons are great to make the car even more accurate.
Don't forget a lot of add-ons can be made yourself, I created a few of the Free add-ons available :)

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back