Studio X-Wing

mbnz77

Hi All

Can anyone recommend a supplier of decent Studio Scale X-Wings that has current availability? I'm keen to build one but they seem to be like hens teeth.

As far as I know there still available? (I'm sure someone will jump in as I could be mistaken ) I know he normally has a lot going on.

I think the Nexus looks awesome. I was hoping to buy either the Salzo or the Nexus. I've emailed them both a couple of times with no response.

The Salzo is awesome. Just stay away from the cast armature for now, I have sagging issues.

Sent from my SM-N915W8 using Tapatalk

Could someone explain something to me?

If I'm not mistaken, the captain cardboard xwing was cast from ilm originals.

Then those masters were sold to salzo? Does that mean that each salzo version are simply new castings, right? They aren't new versions or anything.

So then nexus models are their own originals. Which means that the salzo ones truly are the real deal

Did I get that right?

No the Captain Cardboard was not cast off an original and the current Salzo is made after Moe's fuselage master pattern (slighty reworked).

The only X-Wings that have a production pedigree are the Icons and the one offered (but no longer available) by Frank Cerney some years ago.

Hey,
i have both the Nexus and the Captain Cardboard X Wings and I have to say both are good kits but the Nexus is so well engineered so I'd go for that one. I believe Rodolfo is in the middle of moving so give him some time and he'll come back to you.

hope that helps.

My V4 is still in production, but production has been pretty slow. I have a number of projects both here and in other places that have kept me busier than i ever expected to be. Again that is why i have only been taking funds for the kit as they become available (meaning i have some cast up).

Hammer i have a solution to the sagging issue. I am disappointed that happened. I called the supplier of the resin and i am trying to figure out what happened. The resin is supposed to have a heat deflection of 110 degrees Fahrenheit before warping. Looks like in the open position it will need a solid armature plug to keep the wings from creeping. We should be able to get your wings back in shape by plugging in the parts that i am going to fabricate.
mike

Hey Mike,

Because I'm REALLY new to this, are there major differences between your versions? Have you simply refined the manufacturing? Or has the sculpt evolved slightly?

Sent from my SM-N910W8 using Tapatalk

Every version has had some sort of improvement. The V4 at this point has had the fuselage sculpt changed to more closely match the Pyro fuselage as the ref provided by Frank, as well as a change in the canopy frame. Also, the addition of the resin hybrid armature. Otherwise it's close to the V3

The biggest change was from the V2 to the V3, the V2 was the Captain Cardboard version (which i purchased the pattern for from Scott) with an improved fuselage and some added details. The V3 fuselage was built by Moe (all new) and i completed the rest of the ship, almost all new. The V3 wings are based off the pyro castings, I picked the slightly larger, thicker wing. The pryro had one thin wing and one thick, i picked the thicker wing for better stability. The V3 had new laser cannons, new phantom engines, new R2 strip etc etc....

The V4 is still a "generic" x wing in the sense that it does not match any one x, with the real things having slight differences among them. However i do provide the appropriate combo of the engines etc.

Hey Mike,

Because I'm REALLY new to this, are there major differences between your versions? Have you simply refined the manufacturing? Or has the sculpt evolved slightly?

Sent from my SM-N910W8 using Tapatalk

This thread is more than 8 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back