Studio Setup?

Justin1

What kind of workbench/studio setups do you guys have to combat things like dust/floating particles? It seems like I spend quite a lot of time trying to keep small dust particles off of the piece I may be working on. There's no carpeting or anything, and I run a dehumidifier on a pretty constant basis since my workbench is in the basement of my house, and being down there on a regular basis without anything to cut down on the humidity is obviously a no-no.

So, I was just wondering what you guys had going for you in your work area and what you had set up as far as a spray booth, and what you did to keep dust from collecting all over your work?

Well have you thought about buying one of those dust catchers? THey show them on TV but also have some that they dont advertise on Tv but they are the same but better. Not sure they do the job but never know.

But as for me I just cover my work with plastic so when I come back theirs nothing on my work...

ive seen people take large cardboard boxes and line them in plastic real nice.then leave one side open. cut out a hole and connect a small shop vac in the back or top and youve got yourself a decent paint booth for models.
add a turntable in there and it can be a pretty cool setup.the shopvac even helps with over spray!!

This thread is more than 12 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back