Studio Scale Y-Wing

At long last I am nearly finished with my Y-Wing project. Yeah-frickin-hoo. :lol :lol :lol

Still a bit of finalizing on the paint job but I wanted to share some pics... hope you all likey...

Dan

yfrontstar_1.jpg

ysidestar_1.jpg

yrearlit_1.jpg

Thanks Wackychimp..

Well that definitely blows the MR one out of the water. Awesome job..
Are you doing kits of these or is this a one off piece? I absolutely love it and the paint job.

Originally posted by streetjudge79@Mar 14 2006, 02:48 AM
Well that definitely blows the MR one out of the water.
[snapback]1205233[/snapback]​
They might have a lot in common, you never know.

Looks fantastic. That's one of my favorite ships.

Originally posted by streetjudge79@Mar 13 2006, 07:48 PM
Well that definitely blows the MR one out of the water.  Awesome job..
Are you doing kits of these or is this a one off piece? I absolutely love it and the paint job.
[snapback]1205233[/snapback]​
Agreed. Very nice indeed. :thumbsup :thumbsup

Same question...gonna kit it?

Hey guys, thanks for all the kind words, I really appreciate it.

This is a one-off build - 100% original scratchbuild, not that certain "item" you're referring to :p

It's also not related to the MR Y, other than the fact that I was also involved in a small way in helping out that project.

The paint job turned out to be way more challenging than I ever thought it would be. Right now there are about 60 hours into it and it's not quite finished. I'm happy to share paint colors, weathering, etc but let me finish it up first.

Also, I'm happy to say that SF&FM has picked up the build article I wrote so there will be some details in there.

Thanks again..

Dan

Originally posted by ralphee@Mar 14 2006, 06:29 PM
I look and i go ga-ga  :eek  at that paint everytime, its art man, yes Dan tutorial lol, now where do i get SF&FM in the U.K.  :D
[snapback]1205604[/snapback]​

Thanks Lee, appreciate that. SF&FM is published in the UK - got mine from their website and it got to the US within a few days of being published. I think some guys in the UK got it almost same-day.

Doh, its in the U.K already, i just cant see the forest for trees sometimes,im showing my sci fi newbieness methinks lol, i got a cool comic shop that may stock it in my hometown, cheers Dan.

Fantastic. Now that's a job well done, the paint/weathering job looks spot on to the real deal. Every time I see a "studio accurate" paint job it just sends me chills down the spine, your model difinatly gives me that tingeling feeling. :love

Steve.

Thanks again guys for all the feedback, it definitely inspires me to keep going on this thing.

Still some more weathering to do on the belly of the cockpit and fuselage and the nacelle domes (will it ever end?.?)... here's another shot...

yportbottom.jpg

In case you're wondering how its mounted in this pic, it's mounted upside down (there are mounting points on the top and bottom) and then the pic is flipped 180 degrees. Hope you likey.

This thread is more than 17 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back