Studio Scale Viper Photos

The last chunk of cannon is not cannon...but sprue. If you look at the pics on the CD youll see the original gun flares at the end of the barrell. The extension past that on my gun is simply resin sprue you need to saw. Sorry, I guess I need to update the instructions. I would grind off the end of your gun...otherwise it looks very nice. Can't wait to see it done.

Originally posted by Jestefarean@Apr 12 2006, 03:02 AM
The last chunk of cannon is not cannon...but sprue.  If you look at the pics on the CD youll see the original gun flares at the end of the barrell.  The extension past that on my gun is simply resin sprue you need to saw.  Sorry, I guess I need to update the instructions.  I would grind off the end of your gun...otherwise it looks very nice.  Can't wait to see it done.
[snapback]1224760[/snapback]​

Oh, I am doing the version that had the flash hiders mounted to the end of their cannons. This was a rarely seen version. Um.. yes, only the elite ships had these. If you look carefully in the episode titled "ehehgremble" you can see them in the background. :confused

Yes, a very rare version. Only true highly knowledgeable modelers like myself are aware of these versions.

Sorry for not posting sooner. I've had some pressing issues at home and abroad and I haven't been home much. I have a back log of calls that will take a couple days to get done. PM me. I may still have the mold of the nose gear strut to send you a couple castings :)

I'm the guy who patterend the Cylon Raider for Jim Key who sold it to Jesse. I was going to re create the Viper as well but......................... too many irons in this boys fire for now.

Mark

Originally posted by Chrima+Apr 12 2006, 12:24 AM--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Chrima @ Apr 12 2006, 12:24 AM)</div>
<!--QuoteBegin-Jestefarean
@Apr 12 2006, 03:02 AM
The last chunk of cannon is not cannon...but sprue.  If you look at the pics on the CD youll see the original gun flares at the end of the barrell.  The extension past that on my gun is simply resin sprue you need to saw.  Sorry, I guess I need to update the instructions.  I would grind off the end of your gun...otherwise it looks very nice.  Can't wait to see it done.
[snapback]1224760[/snapback]​

Oh, I am doing the version that had the flash hiders mounted to the end of their cannons. This was a rarely seen version. Um.. yes, only the elite ships had these. If you look carefully in the episode titled "ehehgremble" you can see them in the background. :confused

Yes, a very rare version. Only true highly knowledgeable modelers like myself are aware of these versions.
[snapback]1224810[/snapback]​
[/b]

LOL

Mycroft...I feel your pain on that front. Got a whole load of projects lined up for the Raider and Viper that i just need to find time to do. I think I need to schedule a time to stop casting to get to some other projects. :(

Chrima... made me laugh. I definitely know that version. Very top secret. Was one of the prototype Viper cannons that put an extra little "somethin' somethin'" on the round before it left the cannon.

I just posted some Apogee photo's, the makers of the models, and some of the props for Galactica. Maybe you can find some detailed photo's in there if you are still looking to detail out the cannon.
Dale
022w_001.sized.jpg

Nice model Chrima. As a new member, I hope you excuse me if this question is..., well, stupid :confused : Where did you find this particular ship?. I really like it

Chris, is that Viper kit from Monsters in Motion? It looks a little cleaner than theirs, so I am just curious. Also, if not, where did you get it, and at what cost, if you don't mind my asking.

I think (and I may be wrong) that this is one of my kits. I currently own the masters that Icons used for their Viper. A casting from these patterns is most likely what Monsters in Motion copied for their Viper. Since Icons owned the patterns four seperate artisans have done work cleaning them up, fixing flaws, and replacing soft details to match the original show. It's not perfect (yet) but in my opinion (and I'm biased) it's as close as you can get without spending a lot of money. :)

Yep, this is Jesse's (Jestefarean) kit. I had one other viper kit prior to gettting this one. Jesse's was much better. Best available in my opinion.

I also purchased the Cylon Raider kit from him as well. Another fine piece. Not sure if he still has any of those available.

Still havn't gotten around to putting the cannons on. My wife decided it was time for me to re-model the kitchen. Finally finishing up that job. Alot of work, but worth it in the end.

Thanks for the comments everyone.

<div class='quotetop'>(Chrima @ Jul 1 2006, 01:37 PM) [snapback]1271943[/snapback]</div>
Still havn't gotten around to putting the cannons on. My wife decided it was time for me to re-model the kitchen. [/b]
Somehow that's kind of funny. Your wife asked you to stop modeling... and start remodeling. :lol

<div class='quotetop'>(temponaut @ Jul 1 2006, 04:14 AM) [snapback]1271990[/snapback]</div>
<div class='quotetop'>(Chrima @ Jul 1 2006, 01:37 PM) [snapback]1271943[/snapback]
Still havn't gotten around to putting the cannons on. My wife decided it was time for me to re-model the kitchen. [/b]
Somehow that's kind of funny. Your wife asked you to stop modeling... and start remodeling. :lol
[/b][/quote]

nyuck nyuck nyuck.

(thanks for the kind words Chrima. )

This thread is more than 17 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back