Studio Scale Time Lord Space Station (Doctor Who 1986)

Don't want to see this ad? Sign up for anRPF Premium Membershiptoday. Support the community. Stop the ads.

PB Props

There's been a bit of progress since the last update, it's still slow going, but I have identified a few more kits and am currently trying to purchase them.

However, I have had a bit of luck with one important element. (Forgive the crappy phone camera photograph.)

Panel washing.jpg

Cast from the BBC mould, many years ago - so this should help the project on a bit.

Currently it's covered in a fair amount of filth, so I've been out in the freezing cold garden, giving it a bit of a wash down. I have five more to go, so I think I'll leave it until the warmer months.

Mind you, I'll probably clean up the nicest one (with the least filth on it) and then mould it up to cast out 6 new ones.

So, that's me sorted for the main hull then. Result!

Don't want to see this ad? Sign up for anRPF Premium Membershiptoday. Support the community. Stop the ads.

PB Props

o_Oo_OGee-whiz mate!! What a lucky bloke you are; getting the original from the Beeb:cool::cool: That'll cut your work by...half:p
Cheers, it will ease the load incredibly, though it's just a cast from their moulds - but it's as close to the original that I'll ever get. I was worrying before about the size of this, now that it's here, the worry grows even more. I need to find somewhere to make this as it really won't fit in my "workshop" space.

joberg

Master Member
Cheers, it will ease the load incredibly, though it's just a cast from their moulds - but it's as close to the original that I'll ever get. I was worrying before about the size of this, now that it's here, the worry grows even more. I need to find somewhere to make this as it really won't fit in my "workshop" space.
Same here, the Missus was horrified when she learned that my 2001 Space Station had to be 7' in circumference :lol: Studio Scale is great (for us) but, in terms of space, can be challenging; during construction and after construction:p

PB Props

Same here, the Missus was horrified when she learned that my 2001 Space Station had to be 7' in circumference :lol: Studio Scale is great (for us) but, in terms of space, can be challenging; during construction and after construction:p
This one won't be as wide as your station, it's a little under that at 6' - still, that's quite big for a model being made in your home, rather than a studio workshop. The "stupid" things we do, eh? But it's all part of the fun, right? At least that's what I like to tell myself.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. Your new thread title is very short, and likely is unhelpful.
  2. Your reply is very short and likely does not add anything to the thread.
  3. Your reply is very long and likely does not add anything to the thread.
  4. It is very likely that it does not need any further discussion and thus bumping it serves no purpose.
  5. Your message is mostly quotes or spoilers.
  6. Your reply has occurred very quickly after a previous reply and likely does not add anything to the thread.
  7. This thread is locked.