Studio Scale Shadomobile build

Don't want to see this ad? Sign up for anRPF Premium Membershiptoday. Support the community. Stop the ads.

RCnut

This is what I'm working on at the moment, Fully RC'ed with doner bits from a Tamyia Pershing Tank (Gearboxes, DMD and the Multifunction unit) I've used as many of the original Kit parts (Greeblies) and where not available, cast parts. The Metal swing arms are of my own design and all are now sprung with 1/10 scale RC Car shocks. When its done I'll be out in a forest somewhere with a video Camera and all going on Youtube:lol

Don't want to see this ad? Sign up for anRPF Premium Membershiptoday. Support the community. Stop the ads.

eagle1

Sr Member
RPF PREMIUM MEMBER
Always loved this design, like it was meant to be in the real world.
Your build looks better than the originals & your skill with the running gear is a credit to you.
Can't wait for the vid too:love
Stu

RCnut

Thanks for the compliments guys, but lets be real here, those guys back then were under so much pressure they didnt have the luxuary of time that we have. Lets hope the Vid will be half or at least a quarter as good as they did:lol

RCnut

Ok, question, How did the get in and out of the bloody things?

My solution........

RCnut

If you look at the studioshots of the original models there is an indication around the side windows and the main hull but they were never really clear. Anyways I'll go with the side doors and leave the hinged cab as a display aid.

MwNN

I've been getting back into my UFO dvds lately. It's great to see your Shado Mobile build.
I'll be looking forward to seeing it running!
Which Shado mobile are you building, Shado 1 or 2 or Shado control?

RCnut

Cheers guys, I'm doing the one with just Shado on the side. Its a little more generic and less prone to people saying things like.... theres too many rivits on that part lol.

JANDERS10

Great looking model.
Always thought the Moby was one of the best Anderson models.
Looking forward to seeing the paint job.

RCnut

Been tweaking the cabin a bit and after reviewing a few screen grabs I came up with this. Sorry about the quality of the pics (Phone cam).

Apollo

Legendary Member
RPF PREMIUM MEMBER
Was watching some Episodes today.

Looking forward on your progress on this one!!

Harry Harris

That looks fantastic!

Forgive my RC ignorance but what's the loudspeaker for? Are you planning to play engine noise through it?

Harry

RCnut

Yep Its a Tamiya Multifunction unit from a pershing tank so the sound is just right.