Studio scale Probe droid, ID and build!

Its OK Rob, its pretty abundant this PD malarkey.
Love your progress anyway, nice to see another one taking shape.
Ill be back on it with a new build someday, right now ive bigger fish to fry :lol

Lee

NiceNProbedroidbuild003-3.jpg

What size is the lamp?
NiceNProbedroidbuild005-5.jpg

NiceNProbedroidbuild006-3.jpg

and this yelleow square
NiceNProbedroidbuild001-7.jpg

on these two parts there is the part to the left that is missing can you tell me what all three are please

And the part in the last pic

thanks lee and for the great build thread

Last edited:
Mark

Ok this is all from memory, not notes, so ill do my bestesdness....

Lamp.....11mm
Yellow squares.......Tamiya Quad gun tractor.
Part to the left that is missing......Tamiya Matilda
Last part....Hasegawa Morser Karl.

Hope that helps buddy, anything, please, by all means post, id be very happy to help.
Glad the thread is still serving a purpose, its not definitive, but it certainly lit a few fires and got people moving to recreate this prop!

lee

Thank you lee......and thanks to everybody that helped finding all the parts!!!

And what kit does the two parts come from in the forth pic?

I am not seeing a B sprue....ok it is not shown on studioscale ....found it over at resin...

Thanks joe lee and to everybody for the kit finds, now I can make my pd accurate

Last edited:
If you are using the scans from the SSM's then yeah the B sprue is missing. I have the quad/gun kit and the b sprue is definitely there.

Joe

Was a 5mm LED Mark, had to drill out the area, fit a nice tube for it to seat in, but worked seeing as it was an afterthought!
The NiceN kits "eye" isnt the most accurate, so maybe rework yours while your at it buddy!

Lee

Hay lee one more question on this part combo, can you please tell me what kits I am missing to make up this part. Looks like the m16 has some of the same as the half track, which one is the correct one to use?

1/35 KV-II

1/35 Sd.kfz.223 leichter Panzerspahwagen C -22

1/35 Churchill Crocodile MkVII. C-30

1/35 M3A2 Half Track.

esci SDKFZ 10/4 flak gun carrier

Tamiya 1/35 M16 Gun Motor Carrige

Thanks again lee and to all

Last edited:
Mark, for the underside assembly it looks like you have it in hand. AFAIK you did need both Halftrack and M16 versions?
Parts on the head underside were from the Tamiya Grant!

Lee

Clarifying a part...the Matilda part that is to the lft of the two ammo box covers, is the two ammo box covers from the leopold rail gun ? If so what part number is it?

Thanks

Mark

I am talking about these Julia....I think you are talking about the parts on the bottom body with the legs.

Thanks for helping julian

Clarifying a part...the Matilda part that is to the lft of the two ammo box covers, is the two ammo box covers from the leopold rail gun ? If so what part number is it?

Last edited:
Welcome buddy, its awesome that the effort put in, is appreciated, and thanks for the assist Julien.
More pics of your droid Mark, did you composite that onto the snow scene?

Lee

Clarifying a part...the Matilda part that is to the lft of the two parts, is the two parts from the leopold rail gun ? If so what part number is it? It is these in the this pic

I green screened it.... And added the the hoth background, I am a photographer, I did not really take my time on it. I am getting kits to replace the wrong parts. I will do some more after I update it. Just need to know what the two strips are

Last edited:
This thread is more than 11 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back