Studio scale Probe droid, ID and build!

It'd be great to see your updated PD Dave, where you at with it & can you say what is new
about the build? Looking forward to some pics when you can.

Great to see you and the family today mate, I have to say seeing these legs has really made me want to up my game mate, thanks for the help & bits. I'm gunna struggle to meet these standards but what fun trying, I feel a Plastruct order coming on.

Guy, buddy really was great to see you, been a while, but a great chin wag all round, its great just to have somebody to bounce off with this stuff.

Glad you like the work so far, gonna do a bit today seeing as ive been a good boy lol, but as for your turn on the legs, you will do fine.

Oh, and thank you for bringing the A wing over, mate it really is the mutts nuts, probably the best studio paint up ive ever seen, the pics on the board look amazing, but in the flesh......a show stopper.

Your bins are in one of my cases buddy, so Elsa is going to Jiffy bag and mail them over Monday, hope you got home safely on limited vision :lol

bests......lee

Thanks mate, Just put a wapping order in with EMA so hopefully I'll get a bit of catch up work this week. I'll be living PD legs till the baby arrives

Well, my feeble amount of time at the bench got the pincer and some donors added.
All works perfectly too. Ive tried to emulate how ILM's joints/pincers worked as best i can.
The top Saturn V joint is also now ready for action, i just cut two tabs in styrene, glued internally, and an axle in the centre, this axle will snap into the opposing half via a magnet.
A few more parts to add, few more to find, and finish off the top joint to body bracket, and this leg is done. Really fun to have it all articulate though, should be cool when completed to mess around a little, while making Probe droid noises :lol

lee
NiceNProbedroidbuild005-10.jpg

NiceNProbedroidbuild002-17.jpg

NiceNProbedroidbuild001-19.jpg

NiceNProbedroidbuild004-12.jpg

NiceNProbedroidbuild003-12.jpg

I just dont know how you can build something so nice,
with such a clean workbench?:lol:thumbsup It's really
not supposed to work that way you know!!lol

Trust me mate compared to the mess I make just looking at things you could eat of your work surface :lol.

It is a pain not having a workshop, Been PD'n it today & even though I've only added the new Karl Part & a bit of clean up it looks like a bomb has gone off.:eek

I did get a little done Guy, the two lower leg joints, what a PITA, getting them to run true was trying, ended up making three sets, third time, was a charm lol.
Got the next joint glued now, and it works well, just a lot harder than the previous joints TBH.
Thank heavens the other legs seem more simple eh?

lee

A bit more precise :

First pic, one of the part from the Churchill Croc

Second pic is too small, cant see the parts on my laptop

Third pic : I dont know

Fourth :

The suspension arm is from the 10/4, there is one part from the Churchill Croc (parts of the trailer sprue, it's cut), the other part below is too small on my screen but I bet it's the same than the one used on your first pic, also from the Croc, the other part, glued on the lower leg part edge, next to the joint is from the M16.

Cheers Julien, I went through the croc last night & didn't turn any thing up, I'm guessing I've got sprue's in the wrong boxes & that I am just a general dumbo.

Thanks again mate.

Guy, not much help on the few you posted, i need to get to my kits about now lol, but it looks like the upper damper support on the large leg (the one i just started that you saw) is from the Morser Karl buddy.

lee

The larger (highlighted in pink) piece in the first pic above that looks like part of a trailer arm or similar is really starting to batter my head. I know I've seen it & think I have it or it just may be familiar cos I've been staring at the pics for so long. I think its been used on other ILM ships but just cant nail it down. Was it on the Frank & Mo's E wing model?

I know Guy, i cant find that either yet, managed to get a good length without it, but looking for it was taking up time, so i made my cuts, and keep searching lol.
Does look like a hitch though.

lee

Cheers Julien, I went through the croc last night & didn't turn any thing up, I'm guessing I've got sprue's in the wrong boxes & that I am just a general dumbo.

Thanks again mate.

The parts you want are on those sprues :

1-35%20churchill%20croc%20parts5.jpg

1-35%20churchill%20croc%20parts1.jpg

Can't find the long part of the first pic either, looks very familiar though...

This thread is more than 11 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back