Studio Scale (:p) AT-AT

MonsieurTox

Master Member
Just for Lee (that's true I havent post something for a long time now) :$

This is a master, I'll cast resin pulls. More coming soon ! :)

Sorry for the bad quality, iPhone quality !:facepalm

Heh, you heard me eh Julien lol, looking nice bud, i know its a subject close to your heart. Cant wait to see more, its an ESB jewel!

Lee

People use the word "epic" all the time to describe the most mundane things. Knowing Julien as well as I do, and knowing how much he loves this subject, my prediction is that this build is going to set the bar for "epic" studio scale projects very, very high indeed.

Go Julien!

Wow cool, I´m really looking forward to seeing how you´ll tackle the metal armature. Working out the mechanics of this thing must be an insane amount of work!

So is this going to be a stop motion armature? Because if it didn't have articulation I would wonder what the point of making it was – by that I mean the master replicas version is out there already?

So is this going to be a stop motion armature? Because if it didn't have articulation I would wonder what the point of making it was – by that I mean the master replicas version is out there already?

Even if this were to be static, you really think the MR is a model worthy of being called a studio filming replica?
Its an armchair fans ornament, constisting of.....no original donor parts, just mock ups cast in "glorious" polystone.
Trust me, i know Julien has this one nailed in his head, this, as Kevin stated, will be the ultimate Imperial walker.

lee

I'd say the journey getting there is most of the fun in these builds. Getting to go through the process from the ground up is a lot of the thrill. In fact, as models go, I'd say building them is most of what I get pleasure from instead of the final product sitting there collecting dust.

But as far as my needs and abilities go, the MR version is about as close as I'll get and I'm extremely happy with the one I have. But wouldn't it be great to have that studio scale model actually be a prop and not static?!

Can't wait to see where you're going with this Julien. You really are the guy to make this happen!

Julien, what size dish is that? I was thinking VHD-200 but it seems a bit larger. And let me know if you still need help cutting some shapes out.

Joe

This thread is more than 8 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back