Studio Scale original series Viper

streetjudge79

Master Member
Jesse did an outstanding job on this for me. Just got it today and I LOVE it..
viper1.jpg

viper2.jpg

viper3.jpg

Originally posted by Jades Dark Heart@Nov 26 2005, 02:19 AM
Somebody is up late :p
[snapback]1122734[/snapback]​

LOL. Trying to beat a level on a PS2 game...man...middle aged adult and I'm up late playing video games... :p

I'd really dig one of these but the makers out of them & so is SSM - Anybody got a spare kit they won't get to build?

Originally posted by sapper36@Dec 15 2005, 11:15 AM
I'd really dig one of these but the makers out of them & so is SSM - Anybody got a spare kit they won't get to build?
[snapback]1136572[/snapback]​
If ya can't get Jesse's (Jestefarean) REAL casting of the Viper,.. then I suggest Monsters In Motion's kit which was slightly modified in the rear engine region and has a launch ramp. Find it here:
http://www.monstersinmotion.com/catalog/pr...products_id=687
It's $175...I have one and love it. Keep in mind that the REAL castings are owned by Jesse though is case you want the real thing. They are almost Identical aside from the engines region I spoke of. The MiM version has been slightly cleaned up from the original in that area. I can't be quoted on this, because I am not positive, but I had heard that it was Jim Key that cleaned up that area off the original castings that MiM aquired. Then there is the rumor of the ICON castings..blah blah blah... too many non facts. The only real fact I know is Jesse has the most acurrate and real stuff and MiM offers a great kit as well. There is even a 19"...or was it 22" verison in the UK offered that I hear wasn't done very well.
I hope you get what ya want.

Jessie's is vastly superior. It has gone through many more clean up passes and is far crisper than the MiM one. I have a MIM one and have seen Jessie's in hand as well. The casting from MiM was horrid with huge tear outs in the mold. The launch rail stuff was nice though.

Originally posted by Tordoc@Dec 15 2005, 03:47 PM
I want to know where I can get just that launch rail to display my MJ Viper.
[snapback]1136796[/snapback]​

Sean Sides (T2Sides) of Square Models added two additional rail sections to his buildup of that kit IN A LAUNCH TUBE. Its Very Nice. I think he may have some advice as to where to get more of that rail system. Just a thought.

Originally posted by cobywan@Dec 15 2005, 03:43 PM
Jessie's is vastly superior.  It has gone through many more clean up passes and is far crisper than the MiM one.  I have a MIM one and have seen Jessie's in hand as well.  The casting from MiM was horrid with huge tear outs in the mold.  The launch rail stuff was nice though.
[snapback]1136794[/snapback]​
Hearing what Coby had to say,..I must agree that Jesse's is superior. He's right about the huge tear outs as well. Same on mine.

This thread is more than 18 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back